Home
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: a day in France
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:38 pm 

Sorry to hear of your problems Paul, good luck.

JW, yes you need spare bulbs, first aid kit, high-viz top(in the event of breakdown) a GB sticker or Euro number plate is also a requirement. It seems that triangles are waived for bikes, so I believe, but not certain.

Geoff P.

Keep the rubber on the road :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:17 pm 

Paul,

Dropped at valve on a GS !!!!!!!!!! have you told Cannons that it's 2008 not 1908. Surely they will lend you a bike. I'm sure BMW won't want too much bad publicity on the UK's best selling motorcycle. Alternativley you could buy 9 used CB500's for that price (all valves firmly in place).

See you in France

Stuart

Post subject: Re: GS off the road
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:27 pm 

Paul Osborne wrote:
Hi Jeff, I am all booked for the trip, but things are not looking good as I have dropped a valve on the GS. This resulting in a holed piston and a totaled cylinder head. It nearly made the end of the full member training ride.
BMW do not have any cylinder heads in the country and all rest on Tuesday to see how quick Cannons can get the bits. I am not impressed at the though of running in again.
So if I am not at Thurrock, don't wait.
Have a good day.
Paul

Paul I'm taking sigourney the zzr :D if you are really desperate you can borrow dirty dawn the dullvill she can just about take 2 :shock: but she will get you around there :D
let me know, good luck with the gs
Alan

Post subject: Re: a day in France
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:24 am 

Geoff, I'm not going to make your French trip, which I was really looking forward to. :(

Unfortuantely it came down to the one day French trip or a six day BASE trip in the Dolomites- I changed our train tickets & Mrs849 & myself did some kind of mix of JT's 1st Reveiller Ride & your one day trip (& we rather enjoyed the trip to be fair).

I hope your ride is blessed with the finest weather and I look forward to riding with you again sooner rather than later. Arse_uming the forecast for Trento is about the same for you, your ride will need sunnies and no waterproofs. 8)

BTW, Hope the Pan is finally sorted for you now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:31 am 

BASE849 wrote:
...Arse_uming the forecast for Trento is about the same for you, your ride will need sunnies and no waterproofs. 8)

NB. My most recent weather forecast clothing choice saw me riding approximately 6-7hrs in the rain (2hrs torrential- overtaking Arks & stuff), with plastic bags* duck taped around my knees. :lol:

* Carefully chosen high quality Swiss Duty Free plastic bags to successfully pass scrutiny of Mrs T. 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:35 pm 

8) A bit of useless info'

Just in case you notice lots of 2CV's around sunday it's cos the French 2CV club are holding their National meeting from the 1st to the 4th May in Armbouts-Cappel which is just outside Dunkerque the 2CV is 60 years old so could be hundreds of them. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:30 am 

Hope you all have a Great time :wink:

Geoff, as you have made this day trip so popular I think a weekend ride is on the cards.

Definately gets my vote :D :D :D

http://www.leighsafes.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Bill Bovill wrote:
8) A bit of useless info'

Just in case you notice lots of 2CV's around sunday it's cos the French 2CV club are holding their National meeting from the 1st to the 4th May in Armbouts-Cappel which is just outside Dunkerque the 2CV is 60 years old so could be hundreds of them. :shock:

It'll give you something to put the breakdowns in - Just cut the bottom off a 2CV and I'm sure a skip lorry won't be able to tell the diference :)

have a good trip guys.

BTW - Not an official club event by any means.

We are off to the GRD in Belgium 30 May weekend.
http://www.grd.be

We will go somewhere on the Saturday (TBA) but the idea is more a relaxing social weekend.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:23 am 

scubaale wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:
Hi Jeff, I am all booked for the trip, but things are not looking good as I have dropped a valve on the GS. This resulting in a holed piston and a totaled cylinder head. It nearly made the end of the full member training ride.
BMW do not have any cylinder heads in the country and all rest on Tuesday to see how quick Cannons can get the bits. I am not impressed at the though of running in again.
Have a good day.
Paul

Paul I'm taking sigourney the zzr :D if you are really desperate you can borrow dirty dawn the dullvill she can just about take 2 :shock: but she will get you around there :D
Alan

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:05 am 

Paul Osborne wrote:
scubaale wrote:
Paul Osborne wrote:
Have a good day.
Paul

Alan

Paul you didn't say you wanted to borrow this wonderful piece of engineering the Honda deauville super 650 :lol: :lol: let me know soon AkA durty daun the dulvill
Alan Heaton ( sent pm with mobile no)

Post subject: day in france
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:01 pm 

I hear ya Phil,

I'll look to organising one when I get back from this one.

Geoff. :lol:

Keep the rubber on the road. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:32 pm 

Well thanks Geoff for all your organisation, planning & leading today and to everyone else for making it an absolutely ace day.

And to all the prophets of doom who believed the weather forecast today - just remember those computers in Bracknell, or wherever the Met Office lives today, are just filled with seaweed - never believe a word :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kind regards & thanks to you all.

Col

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:54 pm 

Many thanks to Geoff for a superb run. Very well organised, particularly the weather. Normal pictures have been posted, and I will complement them with some stills from the video shortly.

Regards
Chris J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:01 pm 

thanks to geof and the sweepers for for making a great day, first time riding on the other side not as bad as i thought.
thanks again

some pics if the link works
http://www.virginmediaphotos.co.uk/album/8116004

Last edited by stuart gray on Mon May 05, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:01 pm 

thanks geof and everyone for making the day out in france such a fantastic day--- my backside is still getting over it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next