Home
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:02 pm 
The Full Member ride this month is to Swaffham Norfolk. Meet as usual Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford to leave at 9.30am. There will be a stop on each leg plus fuel. Overall distance approximately 175 miles depending on the return route...................Richard P.

Post subject: Sunday 25th
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:09 am 
See you there Richard. :D George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:29 pm 

Where's the first stop Richard? I can't make the start, but will be gutted if I have to miss the whole ride :cry:

Post subject: Post Subject
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:06 pm 
It would be good to see you Smurf. Coffee stop will be at Wally's Shed just off the A134 after Sudbury at Acton. I'll ring you..................Richard P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:22 pm 

My implementation has been cancelled this weekend - so I'm FREEEEEEE

I'll see you at the starting point - am so looking forward to it, you know how I love your rides :D

Post subject: Wallys Shed
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Hi Richard,
Is that the place where only two people can go in or he gets flustered?

Might be able to come if I am a good boy and finish my chores!!

Nigel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:24 pm 

Richard
thank you, for 1 quarter of what looked like a great day ( for ducks and hardy mad bloke's :evil: )we stopped at wally's cafe ,tried to start the bike, but the alarm fob had got wet so it wouldn't start, we even tried new batteries.
thanks for staying and helping :D
phoned rac had a cup of tea then I tried it again it started :D
I couldn't remember where you were going :? so I road a long way home some how managed to get to find flinching field hedingham ext :?
I'm in need of some serious slower riding, keeping constant speeds ext. been doing to many London roads and letting my skills slip :( :roll:
any way hope you all enjoyed the rest or the day, as i went south it dried out nicely.
I'm now getting on the zzr and doing some more :D
many thanks Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:20 pm 

scubaale wrote:
Richard
thank you, for 1 quarter of what looked like a great day ( for ducks and hardy mad bloke's :evil: )we stopped at wally's cafe ,tried to start the bike, but the alarm fob had got wet so it wouldn't start, we even tried new batteries.
thanks for staying and helping :D
phoned rac had a cup of tea then I tried it again it started :D
I couldn't remember where you were going :? so I road a long way home some how managed to get to find flinching field hedingham ext :?
I'm in need of some serious slower riding, keeping constant speeds ext. been doing to many London roads and letting my skills slip :( :roll:
any way hope you all enjoyed the rest or the day, as i went south it dried out nicely.
I'm now getting on the zzr and doing some more :D
many thanks Alan

Glad it's all sorted.

We bailed out (literally) about half an hour after leaving you, the rain biblical.

But a nice touch of Wally, to employ a grid brolly girl, a la Moto GP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:51 pm 

Having come down on Saturday with a classic attack of 'man flu' I wasn't going to be making this run. When I saw the rain map for East Anglia, with the green (bad news) and yellow (very, very bad news) areas I felt I was making the right decision. From the postings here it sounds like it was very definitely the right decision :-(

Regards
Chris J.

Post subject: Post Subject
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:35 pm 
Well there were only 5 of us today which was no surprise considering the weather. Anyway thanks to those who turned out. What we did was good but once north of Bury St Edmunds with heavy rain and flooded roads enough was enough. We turned back down the A143 and throiugh Clare to home. Ninety odd miles was worth getting the bike dirty for and we can do Swaffham another time!

It was nice to see that Sainsburys have now completed our under cover parking area - beats meeting in the trolley igloo when its wet.............Richard P.

Ps. Glad you got back OK Alan and Smurf your absence was noted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:28 pm 

Well I don't feel so bad now... stayed out too late last night and had difficulty getting up :oops: It's been sunny here since about 12 o'clock, making me feel bad that I didn't join you - seeing the photos, living further south seems to have some benefits. Instead, made the most of the fine weather and did some gardening :shock:

At least I didn't miss Swaffham, and look forward to hearing the rescheduled date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:14 am 

It seams it's a case of Gods punishment my bike not starting :oops: after me slating the recent GS woes :roll:
eather that or they through my keys in a puddle :wink:
punishment served :twisted:
great pictures Richard
Alan :)

Post subject: Man 'flu
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:06 pm 

I had been intending to go on more rides this year and put right the sins of omission committed last year. I was getting over a seriously bad cold/cough that started suddenly with flu like symptoms and wasn't feeling great. The rain was the clincher.

Funnily enough, after about 10 am in Chelmsford, the rain stopped and pretty much held off all day. I was starting to think I might have made something of the ride but the comments here make me glad I stayed in...

Post subject: Re: Man 'flu
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:54 pm 

webbie wrote:
I had been intending to go on more rides this year and put right the sins of omission committed last year. I was getting over a seriously bad cold/cough that started suddenly with flu like symptoms and wasn't feeling great. ...

I think you should join a medical forum.....

Post subject: Rain and more Rain
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:22 am 
Hello Richard, It was just one of those days when you thought it could not get any worse it does :( . Anyway enjoyed the company and the ride and look forward to a revised date for that town up north :wink: