Home
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:58 pm 

This years dates, as confimed by Martin Hopp, for HRT's "Better Riding Days" at Cadwell Park are:

Wednesday 16th May
Thursday 5th July
Wednesday 19th September

I hope that a sizeable EAMG delegation will be in attendance at these excellent events, having fun and honing their riding skills on the beautiful, safe but thrilling ribbon of tarmac of Cadwell Park Raceway!

This is not a trackday! This is a proven route to achieving a major improvement in your cornering skills!

If you realise that your corner speed, or lack of it, is a serious issue but you are uncomfortable with practising on public roads; or if the fact you are uncomfortable in corners is the issue; or if the instructor/observer who put you through your DAS or advanced test didn't actually tell you enough about how to get the bike around a corner so that it is an enjoyable experience for you, rather than a struggle; you will benefit massively from this day.

If you have always wanted to ride on a racetrack but have been put off by the competative element or by the risk of being taken out by a wannabe Valentino; the way these days are organised will ensure your experience on the track will be at your pace, within a group of other riders who also wish to ride at that pace. This system of speed-grouping works for riders anywhere in that speed-spectrum; riders who are comfortable at a faster pace will not be out on track with riders who will interfere with their rythm.

This system has been developed to reduce the need for overtaking (during the morning sessions) as the first four sessions are serious cornering tutotials with one-to-one feedback and tuition from some of the best motorcycle instructors in the country.

The four afternoon sessions are still conducted in speed group order but, after a warm-up lap, free-lapping, with "polite" overtaking is the order of the day. Seriously great fun! The only competetivness that is encouraged is against your own lap times!

See and book here: http://www.hoppridertraining.co.uk/

This is the firm that I work for. If you have any questions about this or other courses that HRT offer, please post here, PM me or email Martin or Richard Hopp direct from the link.

I hope to see you there.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:33 am 

I got home last night after spending a fantastic couple of days having the best fun it's possible to have with full leathers on. Gotta love Cadwell Park!

Met our fellow member Ian up there for the BRD on Wednesday, riding in group "A" and sporting a massive grin by the end of the day. Glad you enjoyed it Ian. :)

There are still some spaces left on the July and September dates!

Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4C6DyTqPc

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:43 pm 

just got back from Cadwell on a Rapid Track day.

Oh what fun.

Attachments:
EAMG Pic.jpg
EAMG Pic.jpg [ 63.77 KiB | Viewed 1665 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

Good job there arnt any white lines down the centre of the track Mike or you would be offline for every bend :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:08 pm 

What a great day it was too ! H R T "Better riding days" I can't speak highly enough of the team of instructors and the way the day was run , small groups following your instructor showing exactly where you wana be track , de brief after all sessions , out again , just a touch quicker , and so on , I learned more in the first session than all track days done before , I would highly recommend them , and plan to go again in September , anyone fancy it ? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 pm 

Short notice, maybe, but not for us spontaneous biker types!

Martin Hopp is hoping to fill the last few places at the upcoming Better Riding Day, which is run by the outstanding Hopp Rider Training team at Cadwell Park race circuit.

Price is £175, which may seem steep at first but it is real good value. Ask anyone who has been.

Thursday 5th July!

See: http://www.hoppridertraining.co.uk