Home
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm 
For the Full Member Social Ride this month I thought to use the route planned for the cancelled February run. So its a circular route out to Red lodge for coffee and back to Maldon for brunch using some of our best roads. Total distance looks around 120 miles. Those wanting a greater distance could go 'doggin' around the Dengie :wink: .

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am............Richard P.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 am 

Richard Parker wrote:
. Those wanting a greater distance could go 'doggin' around the Dengie :wink: ..
Richard, could you let us all know who leaves the group to go 'Doggin' around the Dengie?
I Didnt know the Dengie was classified as a 'Doggin' area :mrgreen:

http://www.leighsafes.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:15 am 

Sorrry Richard we are otherwise booked up this weekend, so will have to miss out :( :( - hope the weather is good and fun is had by all including the doggin amongst you... :oops: :oops: what an open minded social calender we have , is the doggin a monthly or bimonthly event??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:51 pm 

see u sunday Richard dont no about the doggin brings a whole new meaning to full member
not in ahurry Dave C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 am 

Richard Parker wrote:
Those wanting a greater distance could go 'doggin' around the Dengie :wink:

That last 'doggin' incident will last me for a while so I'll pass on that. :wink:

Fingers crossed I'll get my pass stamped for the main ride out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 pm 

All things being equal I'll be there. New brakes pads to bed in and new rear tyre to scrub, so I may well start off the day as backmarker.

I'm hopefull that 'doggin' this time refers to the salubrious activity I believe it to be :twisted: and not the 'pikey' :shock: induced activity experienced by your goodself previously.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:49 pm 
Scotty and Mike you are on the right line - yes I was thinking 'leaping Lurchers on the Dengie'. Funny how others were getting more excited about the doggin than the ride - strange what pastimes some must have :) ........................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 pm 

scotty wrote:
Fingers crossed I'll get my pass stamped for the main ride out.

A sickly child makes me very unlikely for this.

Can I therefore request someone makes some notes and lets me have them for the TUG write up.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:24 pm 

wota wonderful wet weather wide. woops. wont write woeful wordsa wain. was well worthit , wet wet wet whooohooo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:23 pm 
Wow what a great ride in the rain. Seven brave soles turned out and the conditions weren't as bad as forecast although there was a bit of a cloud burst as we left the cafe in Maldon about 2.30 -too wet for the doggers!

Thanks to the back markers Spider and Bruce and a special thanks to Gary for the Crafty Plugger!!!

Yes the Crafty Plugger strikes again. I got another puncture about 5 miles from Red Lodge. Made it to the cafe but sods law - I came without my tankbag due to the rain and it contained my plugger. Gary's was just as good and he had a compressor too! What a lovely chap :) ...........................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 pm 

Thanks Richard and the 5 others. One of the best ride outs for a long time despite the little drop of wet stuff.Only had 1 mile to go from lunch stop so just got home before the cloudburst.Bike cleaning first thing in the morning.