Home
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 pm 
TO ALL ASSOCIATE MEMBERS:

You will by now probably know that Moulsham School will be closed for maintenance on the next AGT date.

We will therefore be running a Social Ride for Associates only over a distance of around 120 miles. There will be a coffee stop on the outward leg and the ride will finish at D's Diner Hatfield Peverel for brunch.

Please meet fully fuelled to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am.

It is proposed that a number of Observers will be integrated within the ride to assist anyone requiring guidance.

Please make every effort to attend and give your feedback on this format to John Tipper because if favourable we may periodically consider similar rides instead of the usual format.

FOR FULL MEMBERS - a ride will be led by Dave Iszard who will post time and meet in due course........................................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:34 pm 

The full member ride will also meet at Sainsburys 9 for 9.30 just to be sociable. From then on we will be taking a different route to the associates and heading towards Suffolk. At Suffolk (somewhere) we will partake of cupcakes and mint tea, oh yum!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 pm 

sounds good to me Dave suffolk and cup cakes bring it on c u sunday
speedo Dave 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:20 pm 

Thanks Dave for leading us all on another great jaunt weather was great
roads fab at times i thought i was combineing all the dust around from the harvest
then we all ended up in the middle of asteam rally how cool was that
speedo Dave 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 am 

Thank you Richard for yesterday's associates' ride and thanks to all the observers who took the trouble to come with us when they could have had more fun on the full members ride. I found this a great day out and a pleasent change from the normal AGT. The best part of the day was actually meeting other associates, something that dosen't always happen on club nights. :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:59 am 

The Observer team would appreciate any feedback that you care to make, good, bad or indifferent. That way the team will be able to improve on this initial ride.

On behalf of all Observers, thank you for your input. :D

Keep the rubber on the road. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 pm 

Just to echo Geoffs sentiments, from my perspective I think that the ride was a success :D - there are a few refinements that we need to consider, but it was arranged specifically to cater for all associates, and we can only really ensure that we get the formula right with your input. I spoke with a number of you at the various stops, and generally speaking you seemed pleased with the format; and as Graham has identified above the opportunity to mix with other associates was an unexpected bonus! :wink:

So lets hear from you one and all - I counted about fourteen bikes, so at least some of you must have access to the forum - make yourselves heard - I promise Observers don't bite (well at least none of us except maybe Richard P! :oops: ).

Look forward to reading your responses and thanks again for making it such a fun day.

Best Regards

Simon (the idiot on the blue Suzuki DRZ400 to help you put a face (or at least a bike) to the name!)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:31 pm 

I've previously done many group rides with other clubs and the main comments were really down to marking in a few areas that was a bit woolly mainly on the way home in Sudbury and after halstead. I waited around 40 minutes on the a120 so i presume a few people had struggled, then when they caught up the next few roundabouts were unmarked. In my experience with riders new to the marker system it is better to mark all major junctions regardless of straight on or turn offs. That said had a good day and was great to meet people!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:07 pm 

i think you will find that was due to a breakdown that got fixed. you will soon find that there is no point marking a roundabout if going straight over so 2 speak. i use to think the same thing as you. now i love it wen i end up in my own space. then you meet up again. great stuff. more you ride. the more relaxed in the system you become. thanks for input. i have marked your card. carry on :o

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:35 pm 
Ok good some feed back at last but it does seem that the forum is not followed by many Associates.

There were a few teething problems with the 'marker system' mainly due to it being new to so many and this will be addressed. In particular the lead needs to be more readily identifiable. Varying abilities meant the ride was well spread and there was also a big delay due to someone needing fuel.
However everyone seemed to enjoy the day so I will arrange another one soon.

My next free Sunday is 2nd September but if the forum is not a good means of communication I think it would be better to wait until after the next 'group night' so that it can be announced and circulated. I don't have a Sunday but what about a Saturday afternoon with a reduced mileage of say about 100 miles?.................................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:35 pm 

I'm used to forums for communicating rideouts maybe just a case making everyone aware that this is where to look to see what's going on...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:51 pm 

Richard Parker wrote:
My next free Sunday is 2nd September but if the forum is not a good means of communication I think it would be better to wait until after the next 'group night' so that it can be announced and circulated. I don't have a Sunday but what about a Saturday afternoon with a reduced mileage of say about 100 miles?.................................Richard P.

Really looking foreward to the next associate ride, but I'm on holiday on 2nd Sept. Saturday P.M. is great. I work in Maldon till 12.30, but can always meet at Boreham by 1.00 :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 pm 

Richard Parker wrote:
Varying abilities meant the ride was well spread and there was also a big delay due to someone needing fuel.
However everyone seemed to enjoy the day so I will arrange another one soon.Richard P.

I was caught out by an erroneous fuel stop, some of us pulled into a service station after a motorcylist who was not in our group. In the confussion I also passed the leader and got myself lost just before the A14. :oops: Can i suggest that if you know you need fuel, let the leader know at the tea stop and the message will get round to all of us. Hopefully, then we won't be following all the motorcylists of Essex and Suffolk. :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:38 pm 

I liked the new format, more relaxing than a normal ride, with no pressure to 'Keep Up'.

I have also done many rides with the marker system and normally have no problems, But I must have missed one somewhere, then caught up with a 'Tail-ender' only to follow him to his house :oops: I also failed to take note of the final location and ended up heading home :(

I am up for other rides, but again it is holiday season so will attend all I can.

Forum is best place for announcements as I don't get to group nights as I work in London, The 'Face-ache' page also doesn't help much, as unless its a group, I don't see any postings, without trailing through a history of mundane status updates (mainly my friends) or checking out the page direct, also FB is blocked by most corporate software.

I am attending the AGT on the 9th and looking forward to the 'Beachy Head' announcement :D

When everything's coming your way !, your in the wrong lane !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:05 pm 
I will be pleased to arrange an Associate ride on Saturday 8th September leaving Mc Donalds Boreham Services at 2pm - distance about 100 miles.

This will be formally posted nearer the time - announced at Group night and I am sure circulated by our Chairman......................................Richard P.