Home
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:04 pm 
The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Rushden N'hants a return distance of about 180 miles.
There will be a coffee stop on the outward leg and fuel on the return at about 130 miles.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am........................Richard P.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:50 pm 

Damn...

Cant wait to pass my Iam or Rospa so i can come... :( :( :(

Andy :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited by Quicksilver on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 am 

Richard Richard, Whats hapening? have you forgotten your two up sportsbike riders - 140 last week before fuel - 130 this week - sounds like a change of bike is required - shall i order my pipe and slippers as well or just strap a can on the seat for Suzy to sit on - behave :oops: :oops: ... no comments please... :wink: :wink:
Might see you there if not i hope the ride goes well and sun shines down..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:47 pm 

What ride in this weather! ! ! Have u taken level of your senses . I will carry on riding thru sunny Wales ( cough) mud muck baa baa a plenty. But fun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:12 pm 

cornershy wrote:
Richard Richard, Whats hapening? have you forgotten your two up sportsbike riders - 140 last week before fuel - 130 this week - sounds like a change of bike is required - shall i order my pipe and slippers as well or just strap a can on the seat for Suzy to sit on - behave :oops: :oops: ... no comments please... :wink: :wink:

lol, for comfortable two up riding without requiring the purchase of either a pipe or slippers, may I respectfully suggest the 200 mile range ZZR14 as an excellent compromise :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:55 pm 
cornershy wrote:

I know you can get 130 you have done it before but for you we could stop sooner :D .......Richard P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:27 pm 

c u sunday Richard fuel stops 4me not a problem :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:52 pm 

I would join you all but am having an exchange knee fitted so that next year I can more comfortably achieve the required 130 miles between stops :D
Hope its a good day for you all :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:14 pm 

Sorry Richard, I cant join you on this ride as we are off on Holiday on Sunday :D Hope you all have a good ride.

Phil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 pm 

Mongoose wrote:
lol, for comfortable two up riding without requiring the purchase of either a pipe or slippers, may I respectfully suggest the 200 mile range ZZR14 as an excellent compromise :D

No need for compromise.

My 2008 Fireblade runs out at 170 miles, at normal speeds. The best fuel economy I've got was a whole tank average of 54 MPG (giving a range of 204 miles) riding at the speed limit, but that is a nightmare experiment I do not wish to repeat. :|

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm 

Thx Richard for a lovely wet ride i no we didnt end up where we were suppose to but clacton via
the cannels oh sorry they were roads and the full English went down well to
and hay ho it carnt be sunny all the time :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:56 pm 
Thanks Dave. What a great day in such atrocious conditions. Changing the destination and knocking 50 miles off the route meant only one wet de-robe and after brunch the rain stopped so all we had to do was feet up through the floods! :) Thanks to the small group that turned out.

Hopefully we can do Rushden for the December ride...................................Richard P.