Home
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:18 pm 
New for 2013. The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Bourne Lincs. A long ride on some
untried roads so take it as you find it but I know the cafe is good. No route yet so unsure of the mileage but around 250 with a stop on each leg and fuel.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac Donalds Boreham Services..................................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:51 pm 

Well thanks for a good day out Richard (partially anyway). It was great even though it went a bit Pete Tong on the way back.
I got home shortly before 7 with not far short of 300 miles completed.
The fracture group dispersed at Dunmow, I hope everyone got home ok.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm 

Thanks Richard for taking us on a new run into deepest Northamptonshire and then losing us when we were so short of fuel!!! I trust it wasn't deliberate... Not sure how we all missed the marker, as we all saw the junction where he was supposed to be, as we all commented on the two bikes that were waiting there, but weren't with us. Still, these things happen and we are rallied round, scratched heads and then got the maps out. Thanks to Ibrahim for pointing us in the right direction for St. Neots and then ignoring all the road signs, until Clive overtook him, by which time we had missed you at the planned stop anyway. We still stopped for a drink and then Colin offered to lead us home from St Neots "as he knew the way" and he then promptly went straight ahead at the first traffic lights, instead of turning right...

We all took the mickey out of Mike's new commuter special until we got to the first fuel stop and saw how little it had cost him compared with us. That took the smile off our faces and Mike was never more than a few seconds behind us. It's not stealth CB500s we now need to look out for, but fast approaching NV700s, or whatever there are called!

Thanks to everyone for your company and, above all, good humour in the face of adversity.

Roll on the next mini adventure.

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:37 pm 

Sorry guys :oops:
I tried to help us :D

Ibrahim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:52 pm 
Well thanks Guys for not giving me too much stick for losing half the group. After joining the A605 we only went half mile and turned left where the other two bikers were. Either they obscured the marker or he was too far round the corner and you all went past. By the time you were missed and we waited and looked both Terry and Peter were short of fuel and had to sat nav to a garage by then you had been to Thrapston and were heading for St Neots.

Shame because the return route was the best especially the B660 and 645. Anyway the route will work and if we do it again we must fuel at Bourne.

Sorry.............but thanks for your support :( .........................Richard P.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:43 am 

Richard, Thanks for a great day out, I think it should be called the 10 county loop, i know most of us visited more than you - but hey thats biking. I almost made the 55 miles from the cafe you mentioned in jest - needed a pay day loan to fill up tho. so who needs a tourer 160 miles to a tank - no problem.

Thanks for leading the way back Andy - yes we all knew Colin had gone wrong, but as he was so confident we followed like sheep..

But good long ride and excellent company, made even better watching Richard lead the U turn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:14 am 

it was a good day out I put in 17.5 litres in my 17 litre tank so had at least 5 miles left

thanks to all PeteR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:12 pm 
Glad you enjoyed the U turn Clive - getting ready for CJ's return. On the map we wanted a left on B671 within 1/2 mile of joining A47 but that turn was signed B6118 so I continued to check the 671 wasn't further on - when it wasn't what a lovely convoy U we made :oops: .............Richard P.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:59 pm 

What U turn i must have been mistaken officer :oops: :oops: (so ex officer :D :D ) - great article by the way i enjoyed the read - how many others in the club have deep historys - perhaps a monthly feature. I bet geof has a story or two ??