Home
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:01 pm 
The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Potterspury N'hants via Stoke Bruerne a return distance of around 200 miles. There will be a stop on the way out and fuel on the return.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mc Donalds Boreham Services...................................Richard P.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:56 am 

I'm volunteering to sweep all day again Richard. :?

"As I walked out of the door towards the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew that if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind , I'd still be in prison." - Nelson Mandela

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:14 pm 

Richard,

As much as it saddens me, I am going to forego the pleasure of riding in that lovely wet stuff tomorrow. You, more than anyone knows how I delight in riding in the rain. :wink:

I'm so disappointed to be missing all of that valuable experience of riding in wet conditions, all of which I have managed to avoid amassing over the previous sixty years of course.

I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it, Wimping out! wot me? Never let it be said. :lol:

Have a nice day y'all

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

Ooooohhh. Can we stop for lunch at the Navigation Inn at Stoke Bruerne please ? So much nicer than the super sausage- please sir please !!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:47 pm 
I agree Chris but the Navigation is always busy and at this time of the year dining outside is not really on so sorry - may change if the sun is out which I doubt................................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:56 pm 

Thanks Richard. Had a great ride and even enjoyed the rain, made better by the good company. Made sense to shorten it but we were almost nice and dry by the time we returned. Thanks to Jill and Alan for sweeping although we were a small group that didn't loose sight of each other that much.
Bike now clean again ready for Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 pm 

Thanks Richard
Hardly noticed the rain, great to see a bunch of full members riding like full members :-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:39 pm 

That's not what you said when we stopped at the Silver Ball cafe Jill; something along the lines of "are we mad or what", or something very similar I seem to recall!!!

The first section to the cafe was pretty grim with lots of standing water, but it was a useful introduction to winter riding conditions, which I was keen to do ahead of a full member training day next Sunday, in case it is also wet. I was very pleased with the grip my new PR3s provided, which are so much better than the original Metzelers in the wet and this was the first chance to really test them out after having them fitted in the summer.

By comparison, the run home was almost pleasant and by the time I left the group from the second stop, the A12 south of Chelmsford was already dry. The conditions couldn't have been more different to last weekend, which were perfect by comparison.

Many thanks Richard for leading the ride once again.

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 pm 
I'm glad insanity still exists or I would have been on my own! This shortened ride due to water turned out really good with 7 like minded members enjoying their bikes.

Thanks for turning up and a special mention for Jill and Alan for sweeping....................Richard P.