Home
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 pm 
The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Dereham an overall distance of around 180 miles. A coffee stop on the outward leg and fuel at the lunch stop.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am..........Richard P.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:44 pm 

Hope to join you if weather not too bad. p

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:27 pm 

this is getting cazy rich pee. every time you have your monthly period on a bloody ride I am on something. this time its tippers top tours an off to swiss land. I like the dereham ride as well. hopefully will be on your next one

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:33 pm 

Firstly, thanks for organising the ride Richard.
Despite only 5 members turning up I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Even though we all got absolutely soaked and had to ride through a mini Lake Windemere.
I was asked at the coffee stop whether the ride was anything like I expected. Well to be honest I did not know what to expect. It has been many years since I did any serious riding and I had forgotten how good it feels. I am now looking forward to my first observed ride next Saturday, and even more to the next members ride out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:22 pm 
Thanks new Full Member Ian - glad you enjoyed it.

Now that's what you call a wet ride! I really had to go out in the heavy rain as I was running the ride expecting to be 'billy no mates' but no a valient few turned out - 5 in all.

We decided to leave Dereham for another time and aimed at 100 or so miles up round B St E via Red Lodge. On the way back the heavens opened and we had deeply flooded roads - all good fun - to finish at H/Peverel cafe.

Thanks for turning out Guys and to Jill and Paul for sweeping...........Richard P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:24 am 

Well I said I'd be there so I had to turn up!

On the way to Red Lodge I was thinking that it had turned out to be a fairly good weather day.

On the way back I realised I was wrong, anyway i may have got soaking wet but at least it was warm and it was a great ride.

Thanks for the company guys and Richard as always for leading

Doris (CB500) is still smiling :lol:

Jill