Home
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:56 pm 

I have not had a chance to do much research for this month, so if nobody has a better idea I suggest a ride to the Silver Ball Cafe near Royston. There are ways of getting there which avoid the A10.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:14 pm 

Despite John Tipper's very appropriate talk on 'Riding in the Wet', people stayed away from the AGT in droves. I will admit that there was a lot of standing water, and the odd heavy shower to spice up the light rain, but I am disappointed that EAMG members seem to have lost the childhood love of riding through puddles. We had two takers for the Silver Ball ride/swim. On the positive side this is twice as many as last month! One left at Newport, but Alan stuck it out to the cafe despite discovering that his boots were not as waterproof as he had hoped. Bends could be fun since on a left hander you could either encounter a large puddle on your side or, even more thrilling, an oncoming car avoiding a large puddle on its side. It was drier on the way back and by the time I had reached Sydenham my clothing was merely damp. Then the skies opened and the remaining 400 yards took me back to square one.

I will confess to rather enjoying the ride with the water giving a new character to familiar roads. Pictures from the AGT, and a couple from the Silver Ball, have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.