Home
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:58 pm 

The run is open to all Associate and Full Members. (Guests welcome)

The route runs South East down through Kent to Rye where refreshments will be taken, there is a Café and a Fish Restaurant with ample parking facilities. The route continues West through East Sussex to Eastbourne and Beachy Head where we stop for a look over the cliffs (Beachy Head Lighthouse) and an Ice Cream or two. We then head North to Tunbridge Wells and so to home.

Meet in the Car Park at Thurrock Services at the junction of M25 and A13 at 09.00hrs to depart at 09.30hrs sharp.

PLEASE NOTE.
All those joining this ride must be fully paid up members, except guests, with current Licence, Bike Insurance and MOT if applicable.
It would be advisable to have a map covering Kent and East Sussex and/or GPS.
There will be a Leader and Back marker at all times and turns will be marked, so no need to rush to keep up, ride at your own pace and ride in staggered formation when appropriate.
In the event of a breakdown, someone will stay with the rider until assistance arrives.
You are expected to promote, at all times, safe, skilful and considerate riding, as befits an Advanced riding Group.
Be sure to start with a full tank of fuel.
And, most importantly, ENJOY THE RIDE. :wink:

Help others, if you can't help them, at least don't harm them. The Dalai Lama.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:02 pm 

We shall see you in the at services tomorrow Geoff ! We've never been on this ride with you , or to Beachyhead come to that , though I do believe one year Luke actually jumped off ?
Think he landed safely so hope he's coming this time .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:51 pm 

Jump off a cliff on a social ride once upon a time & people still remember lol!

I'd love to come, can't decide- Richard Parker's Aldburgh ride sounds equally appealing.

Damned shame they're both on the same weekend :?

At least there isn't an important family do to miss this weekend :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 am 

Sorry Geoff, can't make it this year. Shoulder is playing up. But it would have been nice to see if I didn't actually loose the group!
Have a safe ride.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:27 pm 

Great day out thanks Geoff , very enjoyable ride , sweet pit stops , cracking fish n chips , not mine I'm on a diet , Steves looked good though he wouldn't let me road test one , I sneared a salmon roll from Maz , nice , cheep Rossi s 99 at Beachyhead , Sam , they ad you over , and most of all some really Great company !!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:40 pm 

I am glad it went well. I have to produce the TUG Events Report this week. If anyone can give a bit of information about the ride - number attending, route changes, amusing incidents, weather - anything really - I would be very grateful.

Photos would be good too!

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 am 

Good ride Jeff thanks to all sorry had to leave early but got absolutely Soaked for doing so .

Cheers PeteR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:57 am 

High Geoff,thanks for a great day out,good weather and great to see old friends again. Thanks to all .doug maz :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:09 pm 

Hi Guys,

Pleased you enjoyed the ride, thanks to all for your good company and in particular to Doug and Maz and John for sweeping. :D

There aren't too many good bike roads on the route but the road from Lydd to Rye via Camber can be a hoot if you are lucky enough to get a clear road, it was my lucky day, I encountered one car and I was able to overtake without having to wait any time. :)
The weather was superb for the dozen or so bikes, sorry Chris I don't do counting. The comfort break at Biddenden proved to be rather time consuming, the village coffee shop obviously unaccustomed to large groups of hairy bikers, the ladies present are not included in that phraseology of course. :) Somewhere between Appledore and Camber the Group managed to decrease it's numbers by around forty per cent, yep! the fatal flaw in the marker system, a marker moved before the sweeper appeared. :shock: Fortunately, Stephen and Audrey were within coms range and the situation was retrieved and we all, eventually, met up in Rye. :) It was at this point that Maz produced a miniscule cool bag from which she distributed unending amounts of food to the assembled group, myself included, for which we were all most grateful, and amazed. :shock: It was then on to Beachy Head where, with the lack of anything more exciting, everyone availed themselves of the obligatory ice cream. :D Duly rested and refreshed we embarked on the journey back to the beloved Essex!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:26 pm 

Thanks. Geoff. You may not recognise the ride by the time I have finished 'enhancing' it, but that's gutter journalism for you.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:40 pm 

Thanks to Geoff for a great day.

Many thanks also to Doug, Maz and John for sweeping. I did a little emergency sweeping myself when things went a bit pair shaped en route to Camber, but it all turned out fine in the end :D

I can recommend the fish and chips at Rye :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:57 pm 

Thanks for organising Geoff, Audrey enjoyed riding for herself rather than sweeping for me all the time and I enjoyed just being led! We enjoyed the alternative route south avoiding the normal main roads. Kent was really busy, plenty of potential hazards, with high verges full of invisible driveways but some of the scenery was spectacular; made a real change from the roads of Essex. £2.50 for an ice cream at Beachy Head was a bit steep but the village cafe in Biddenden was charming, albeit unused to serving bikers.

Sorry to hear Peter got a soaking, serves you right for leaving at the lunch stop. We were much luckier only seeing a wet road as we arrived home. Thanks to MAZ for the unexpected salmon roll and to Doug for sweeping in the morning.

Shame about the double social ride booking though!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:54 am 

I'am not John it was in the sea at Hove all part of a cunning plan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:48 am 

Chris,

As ever, your "enhancement" will make my mundane commentary more witty, entertaining and lively of that I have no doubt. I am not alone in looking forward to the literary dexterity of your report. :wink: