Home
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:19 pm 

Great ride Sunday, thanks to both rider leaders and sweepers. I was with Richard and Geoff and between them the ride was excellently directed. Thanks also to the riders in my group, very disciplined and professional at all times. Looking forward now to a slightly warmer ride next time, though to be fair, it only gets cold when you’re standing by your bike. The excitement of riding keeps me warm. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:13 pm 

Having read and agreed with all of the foregoing, I wish to add my two penneth.

The ride was different to any other Group ride in which I have participated and I will explain why. During my time as a Member of the Group I have taken part in many enjoyable and some less enjoyable rides but, there has been in all of those rides one common denominator and that is, what in my very humble opinion, has been the questionable standard of riding, by some, which I have witnessed. My views are no secret, I have shared them with several members of the Training Team, and others, over several years and we have indeed discussed how we might improve the behaviour of the few, the few who demonstrate aggressive, inconsiderate, thoughtless behaviour. I would point out that this behaviour is not restricted to any particular tier of riders, it applies to all sections from Associates to Observers. Now you may well ask, who am I to make what may be taken as a somewhat outrageous statement. :shock:

Let me attempt to clarify my position. Over the past eleven years I have been fortunate enough to have been coached, encouraged and advised within this Group, by what are some outstanding exponents of Advanced riding as to how to become a safer more skilful rider and, I like to think I have taken and used that offering to the best of my ability. Therefore I would further like to think that I have some small part to play in promoting "Excellence in Motorcycling" within and beyond the Group.

So, what has this got to do with Sunday's ride? I will tell you, with great pleasure. I joined Richard's group as sweeper as we proceeded to head North to the Red Lodge Cafe' After some ten or fifteen miles or so I got to thinking, mmm this is unusual, I haven't witnessed any of the negative aspects of behaviour to which I referred earlier but then I figured, based on previous experience, it's only a matter of time. Well dear bretheren we arrived at Red Lodge and much to my delight and that is not too strong an expression, nothing had changed. From my position as sweeper where I get to see all riders in the Group on a number of occasions, I witnessed, for the first time, a group of riders demonstrating the best example of quick and skilful Advanced riding. Once inside the Cafe' and enjoying my cuppa I thought, "well, make the most of that Preston cos based on past experience, you aint gonna see it repeated" WRONG!!!! it was the same all the way back. :)

My thanks to Richard for leading the ride and a massive "thank you" to all the members of the group for making this "THE BEST GROUP RIDE IT HAS BEEN MY PLEASURE TO BE PART OF" :D :D :D

"It's not the Mountain you conquer, it's yourself" :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

Blimey.......:-) :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:07 pm 

That's what happens when Mr Cameltongue goes out on his moped instead of his Blackbird :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:26 am 

I thought it was a great ride. after all the Christmas stuff. I have been getting back to being as fit as a fiddle. got all excited when I saw the café. cos I desperately needed to pidd er yeah well lets leave it there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:59 pm 

Oi Scotty!
You cheeky wotsit.
I am a model of decorum.