Home
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:04 pm 

The Full Member Social Ride that was cancelled last Sunday will run this Sunday and all members are welcome. Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. The destination will probably be Grafham Water Rutland a distance overall of about 160 miles but if the weather is bad then a shorter route may be used.

It is always difficult to cancel a ride on the basis of a forecast but it is too late to do it on the morning when members have started to travel. There was snow sleet and rain in Chris Reed's area which with the forecast was likely to be ice the next morning whereas here although frosty the roads were dry enough to go out a bit later. At the end of the day safety is paramount.............................Richard P.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:58 am 

good call rich p.. hope the weather is mega this week and we can hit the roads and have fun, as dave izard would put it. tea and a pee while being happy. riding a bike is good therapy. hope to get out sunday for fun ride. yee har brother.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:55 pm 

Plan to be there whoop whoop :) :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:54 pm 

Good run. Weather bright and promised rain in the afternoon did not appear. I counted 25 bikes before I got bored with keeping an eye on them. Many thanks to Richard for a good route, and to Chris R. for tailing. I failed to recognise him at one point when marking so that he had to come back for me. I very cunningly disarmed him by claiming it was because he looked slimmer than I had expected. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 pm 

many thanks to you richard p for a excellent ride. many thanks to you chris read for tail ending. many thanks to chris gardner for taking pictures. many thanks to the excellent riding skills. many thanks to me for my excellent company.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:04 pm 

spider wrote:
many thanks to chris gardner for taking pictures.

Chris G. was not present. He needs to get some work done on his eyes, and cannot ride at the moment. Were you muddling him up with another bespectacled, grey-haired old git? You do him no service if you were. :-)

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 pm 

A fabulous day's riding and getting to know the new Blade. Top of the list of things to do to it is get a comfy seat - my bony arse just couldn't take any more by the time I got back to Billericay! Many thanks to Richard for taking us along some great roads and to Chris for keeping the tail-end. Last, but not least, thanks for the weather for being what it was :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:07 am 

Great day was had by all so many thanks from Teresa and me. George

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:50 am 
Site Admin

Thanks to Richard for an interesting route. We definitely made the right decision cancelling last week and the weather gods shone on us even if it was a tad breezy! Sitting at the back is an interesting experience and I would like to say that there were a lot of very rusty Full members out there yesterday. If you haven't already, then sign up with John Tullett for further training. Great day out apart from my chicken curry which i found lurking under one of my chips!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:11 pm 

Chris Reed wrote:
Thanks to Richard for an interesting route. We definitely made the right decision cancelling last week and the weather gods shone on us even if it was a tad breezy! Sitting at the back is an interesting experience and I would like to say that there were a lot of very rusty Full members out there yesterday. If you haven't already, then sign up with John Tullett for further training. Great day out apart from my chicken curry which i found lurking under one of my chips!!

You would have been no better off with the chilli con carne, which I had. After returning home I bitterly described it to my wife as 'bijou', and finished most of her steak as well as my own.

I know that I felt distinctly rusty, and will be signing up for the next FMT.

Regards
Chris J,