Home
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am 

The next Full Member Social Ride is scheduled for Sunday 31 May when I shall be away in France. Would someone kindly volunteer to lead the ride :) - thank you.

It is normal to meet at Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford for a 9.30 departure..............................................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:20 pm 

Hi. I don't think it would be good if I volunteered to lead a ride (you'll never keep up :lol: ), but would be willing to tail end and check out route with someone if they need help xx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:13 pm 

Come on you wannabe ride leaders please step up - someone has got to lead the ride! Thanks...............Richard

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:58 am 

Don't know about wannabe ride leader but I'll take this chance to step up and lead a ride on this occasion! It'll go to Swaffam I think (hope). Yes Pooh your welcome to tail end a leg thanks . Have a we'll deserved trip to France Richard , and all those on board !
Ian

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:48 pm 

Well done Ian. I am off for a week for half term holiday from next sat if you need a test pre ride. I'll pm you you my mobile number P x

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:26 pm 

Thanks for that Ian and thanks Pooh.......................................Richard

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:00 pm 

Full members ride 31st May will take us to Swaffham for lunch at Pedlars Cafe , or choise T room if you like , or maybe an ice cream ! Comfort stop on outward and return legs , with fuel at about 125 miles , 195 in total .
Have fun - please read the disclaimer, as I'll never get it right ! ........ Ian .

Disclaimer!!

Please remember that you, the rider are deemed to be in control of your machine at all times during an Observed ride and all other EAMG activities and you are legally responsible for your own actions.
It is also your responsibility to ensure you have the correct driving license, insurance, road tax and MOT (if required) for your machine.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:35 pm 

What a great ride- weather drizzly but once Phil left us (nice to see him) the magnificent seven battled on and even had lunch outside under cover of the table umbrellas! Lovely route and good company. Thank you Ian for sorting out route and leading xxxxx

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:18 pm 

Many thanks to Ian for volunteering and leading today's ride in very mixed conditions and also to Paula for tail-ending. Thank you to everyone for helping me fix the puncture after lunch, especially Paula who spotted the cut when I couldn't and who also phoned Ian and got everyone back. The repair held up well and after leaving you at my favourite roundabout at Barton Mills, I returned home successfully by the most direct route possible. I think everyone benefitted from seeing Ian use the repair kit (I think Chris Johnson may have taken some action pictures for the website!). I know I certainly learnt something, as I have not previously had to use mine and I didn't have a clue! Looks like a new set of PR4s for me.....

Andy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:26 pm 

Many thanks to Ian for organising the ride, and Paula for tailing. Eight bikes initially, despite the weather which featured a light rain for most of the ride. Coffee stop at Lakeside near Stowmarket. Lunch at Bridget's in Swaffham (which had only been open three weeks). Andy, who has all the luck, got a puncture on the way back. Of the numerous repair kits offered I think he chose 'Silly String' or something like that, but it seemed to do the trick. No other incidents. Various people left at various points on the way home. The distance estimate of 190 miles was probably about right. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:55 pm 

Glad you got home with tyre pressure in tact Andy , ...wot a great day it turned out after all , hope you all had fun as much as I did ... Thanks Paula for doing lions share of tail ending , and to Chris to end off ... Thanks all , must do again sometime!..

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:42 pm 

Thanks Ian for leading the ride and for Paula for back marking. Great roads today and weather made no difference to a good days riding. Gareth

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:57 pm 

Great day. Thank you all.