Home
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:32 pm 

Sorry its a late post but here it is! New for 2015 the Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Melton Mowbray Leicestershire a total distance of about 250 miles with T stops at St Neots and fuel when needed. The route has yet to be refined so there is some main road work but overall it looks good. :) .

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at MacDonalds Boreham Services................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:35 pm 

Great ride out today Richard. Good mix of roads and even with the mixed weather, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks to you for leading and Geoff for back marking.
Cheers to those who attended.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:15 pm 

Thanks Richard for a fantastic ride, the weather cleared nicely after St Neots and from then on fantastic! Tilton on the hill is one of my favourite roads anywhere so was chuffed we had that. New old R1 performed flawlessly apologies Mike and Spider for being enthusiastic my first Superbike so getting to grips with her though nothing untoward i hope just rapid safe riding?

Colin & Jane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:20 pm 

I very much enjoyed the run and the exciting new destination at the end of seldom-travelled roads. 17 bikes started, 5 gave up at St Neots because of the rain, and the remainder stuck it out to enjoy Melton in the dry and St Neots (again) in blazing sunshine. I left at Royston to get a shorter trip home, but the distance must have been a little over 250 miles. No major incidents. Many thanks to Richard (on his day-old BMW S1000XR) and to Geoff for tailing. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:49 pm 

What a great day's riding. Really enjoyed it although the wrists were complaining at about the 250 mile mark. Many thanks to Richard for the route and to Geoff for keeping the tail in order :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:30 pm 

Thanks Guys for that positive response. Glad we made the decision to continue after a bit of rain and I thought the lunch stop worked well - quick service good value and plenty of room. Thanks for your attendance and especially to Geoff for sweeping all day...............Richard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:07 am 

it's a late posting but I do have a busy life perfect day for a run. Bit wet then dry. I loved it all Colin no problem you bombing about on new toy. it's just Like Mike with him wizzing by on the straights. See you all next month whenever that is for the next one. Many thanks rich and geoff tail end charlie. Also thanks chris for taking pictures. Man i love biking no matter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:09 am 

How old or senile i am. Oops forgot to do full message. Spider