Home
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:39 pm 

Here we go again - another new for 2015. The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Harleston Norfolk a return distance of around 170 miles. A more nadgery route of mainly 'B' roads with a stop on the outward leg and fuel at around 130 miles.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac D Boreham Services..................Richard P.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:58 pm 

Spider - the next one is this Sunday 5th.

Fred - if you come bring your 'rock & roll' cap! :)

It may be a little further than I thought so fuel will be halfway at Harleston............................Richard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:31 am 

Its a shame Lings Honda (Harleston) are closed on Sundays ..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:12 am 
Hello Richard .

Is fuel at 130 miles from Chelmsford or around 70? It its the latter then I don't need to refuel in Chelmsford.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:28 pm 

It was two rides in one. At Chelmsford we initially had about 20 bikes, but the band of rain sweeping northwards reached there before we started and the ride kept pace with it to get the full benefit. Some gave up at the start, some a little past Finchingfield, and after the stop at Wally's in Acton only six stout fellows (or masochistic nutters) continued to Harleston. Did I mention that it was wet? During lunch the rain moved on and the roads dried out fairly rapidly on the way back to allow us to ride several favourite twisty bits as they are meant to be ridden. It was great fun, so the nutters had the best of the day. Geoff tailed to Wally's, and then Yours Truly took over what was, with such a small, tight group, a largely honorary position. Total distance 186 miles. Many thanks to Richard for keeping the faith. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:03 am 

Indeed Chris, the weather was a deciding factor. I confess to being the first to concede and head for home. A small operation to the left hand a week earlier was meant to be kept dry and the oversized summer gloves while accommodating the dressing; did little to keep the water out. However, the short ride still amounted to just over 50 miles for me. I like to take a positive note from every ride and from today my lesson is more of a reminder – plan every ride and be prepared. Many of us turned up for a summer ride and left disappointed. Thanks Richard for the huge effort you put into these rides.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm 

Great ride out, totally drenched, left my waterproofs in the garage!! No forward planning!! Doh!
Dry roads on the way home, ye har :lol:

Need an Earphone socket on your satnav? http://www.facebook.com/earphonestomysatnav

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:41 pm 

Best ride since the last Richard Parker ride.

Thanks everyone. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:17 pm 

Glad those who stuck it out enjoyed and were rewarded with a dry ride home. Thanks to Geoff my resident backmarker who gave up at Wally's and to Chris for taking over for the rest of the day.................................Richard