Home
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:09 pm 

This is my 3rd and final 'New for 2015' and not the best. Largely untried the ride this month will be to Bourne Lincolnshire a return distance of approaching 200 miles with a tea stop on both legs and fuel at destination.

Unfortunately the Fens produce better lettuce than roads! :(

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am..............................Richard P.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:03 pm 

It was a very good day with superb weather. Roads up to Chatteris not unknown, but then the leg to Bourne was a novelty. Pity about the diversion. On the way back even the diversions seemed to have diversions and, whilst the group held together, it often seemed to be in places Richard had not intended. 16 bikes. Geoff tailed. By the stop at Walkers on the way back we had done almost 195 miles. I left there to get a quicker way home. Many thanks to Richard for a fine run. Pictures, such as they were, have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:24 am 

In all you can only cut the roads in the south east in so many ways but Richard put a new slant on it on the Sunday ride. In all a great day with a U turn or 6 thrown in. Roll on the next one. George

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

We only went as far as Chateris as the dog was home alone but a good ride and 180 miles round trip for us.
Thanks Richard and Geoff for tail ending and the other group members for nice tidy riding :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:52 pm 

Thanks for your perseverance guys it was longer than I estimated - not helped by closures and diversions but we got round. Thank you Geoff for tail end duties. I don't like the Fens :( ................................Richard