Home
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:16 pm 

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to St Ives a return distance of around 150 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg and fuel at destination if required.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield promptly at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac Donalds Boreham Services..............................Richard P.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:40 pm 

Richard Parker wrote:
The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to St Ives a return distance of around 150 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg and fuel at destination if required.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield promptly at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac Donalds Boreham Services..............................Richard P.

Do not leave me nowhere :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:14 am 

I hope to be there Richard. The forecast looks a tad chilly so may change my mind. Lol.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:24 pm 

The riding conditions to-day were, for me, rubbish, but on the other hand dear reader, the standard of riding of my fellow eight riders was exemplary, all that one could wish to see from a group of experienced Advanced riders. Progressive, competent and disciplined and don't read disciplined as slow and boring, far from it. The best of Advanced riding was on display for the whole of the ride, some six hours or so. Now, I say eight riders but there was also the fellah up front but, he was leader and I was sweeping and ne'r the twain shall meet, so I can't comment but I'm sure he'd pass muster. :lol:

Thanks for a most enjoyable day guys and in particular to Richard of course.

A happy and peaceful Christmas to one and all. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:25 pm 

A surprisingly enjoyable run in pretty foul conditions for ten of us. Although Geoff exempted Richard from his general praise for the riding, I think Richard did an excellent job of adjusting the pace of the ride to the immediate road conditions. I never felt frustrated by lack of progress, but also never felt that we were going too quickly for the road surface. No slips or slithers, and no apparent intervention by the traction control, but when I got home there was little sign of idle rubber on the edges of my tyres. Of course the bike was absolutely filthy.

Inevitably when I got back I found the missing power lead for the heated jacket. I reasoned that I must have put it in full view over some part of the Fireblade, but could not see it. I advanced the search to Defcon One, broke open the envelope containing the access codes and released from its secure home my best torch, a 60w LED monster nicknamed 'Nagasaki' because of the effect it has if you turn it on without bracing yourself, and took it out to the bike shed. That did the trick. I had draped the lead over the Blade seat but it had slid forward to lodge in the crack between seat and tank.

Many thanks to Richard, to Geoff for sweeping. and to everyone else for being mad enough to come on the run. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:13 am 

Ouch a cable in your crack sounds very uncomfortable! Glad you all enjoyed your ride though - from Geoffs description sounds like a good time was had by all. Happy Christmas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:57 am 

Sounds like more fun than I had at White Hart Lane.......

Chris you say that pictures have been posted? Can I ask where they are as I keep looking and cannot find them in the gallery?

Cheers
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:36 am 

Stevelindsell wrote:
Chris you say that pictures have been posted? Can I ask where they are as I keep looking and cannot find them in the gallery?

Are you looking in the wrong gallery? I host pictures I have taken on my own website, the link for which is in the footer below this post.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:03 am 

Those who didn't come because of the forecast should be pleased as it was much worse than predicted - drizzle all day and mist towards the end.

To those that came - thank you - it made the day worthwhile and enjoyable and back before dark as promised. Special thanks to Geoff for sweeping.........................Richard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:09 am 

Thanks Chris. I've had a quick look but will take a longer view when i'm back home.