Home
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:38 am 

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to near Bury St Edmunds a route of 120 miles. 60 out and 60 back with an early brunch at a new eating house for 2016!

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac D's Boreham Services. If winter does eventually come and there is ice the ride won't run.....Richard P.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:30 am 

See you in the morning Richard :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:36 am 

I am sorry to be missing the run. I had been looking forward to it, but on Friday my dentist decided to remove a tooth. Lack of sleep and heavy doses of painkillers are not really good ingredients for a safe and enjoyable ride. I hope it goes well, and would be delighted for any information about it.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:42 pm 

Many thanks, Richard, for leading a thoroughly enjoyable ride and to Geoff for keeping the tail in order. The sun shone for an hour or two which raised the temp. to a balmy 8°C....phew! The brekky stop was a cut above the greasy-spoon affair, a very comfortable place with a good full-English. Richard, would you please remind me of the name and location of the pub.....failing memory syndrome. It was good to ride with you all again after missing quite a few rides for one reason or another. Good to see the standard is still as high as ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:54 pm 

Thank you Richard for a great ride out and thx to Geoff for tail ending perfect Sunday just got better :) :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:17 pm 

Thank you gentlemen for a nice trip- new group ride destination offered good bendy roads and eatery (seemed better than most of the cafes we've been to) did well catering for all of us without fuss. I headed home after food stop but enjoyed some more bends through Bures. Was nice to see some old faces (I mean people I haven't seen for a while ;)):Dave I, Graham, Eddie and some new ones. Marker system worked well considering I counted 21 bikes!
take care Paula

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:55 pm 

neilb wrote:
Many thanks, Richard, for leading a thoroughly enjoyable ride and to Geoff for keeping the tail in order. The sun shone for an hour or two which raised the temp. to a balmy 8°C....phew! The brekky stop was a cut above the greasy-spoon affair, a very comfortable place with a good full-English. Richard, would you please remind me of the name and location of the pub.....failing memory syndrome. It was good to ride with you all again after missing quite a few rides for one reason or another. Good to see the standard is still as high as ever.

Info

Thanks Richard and Geoff.
Hope everyone enjoyed the ride as much as I did.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:10 am 

Very enjoyable ride out, good to see so many bods turn up for the 1st group ride of the year.

Thanks for leading and organising the ride Richard, oh and to Geoff for tail ending.

http://www.leighsafes.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 pm 

Well now I must say that was a very interesting ride with the good folk of England's Action Motorised Gang. Or better known as EAMG. Sorry for slight delay while I put air in the rear tyre. that only had 15lbs in it. the bike would not hold the road and was great fun with lots of screaming in my helmet each time the bike slipped out at the front end. I sorted it out at the end of the ride when I found out it was down to 20lbs. both tyre gauges I bought on ebay have now gone in the bin and a waste of 2quid.

p.s don't buy cheap pressure gauge on ebay.

Neib the ride was to the rushbrooke arms

cheers Richard great roads and great fun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:31 pm 

Thanks Richard and Geoff, 60 out and 60 back was just right for a winters day ride. I only went on a couple of rides last year so when I turned up for this ride I thought the whole membership would have rolled over an I wouldn't know anybody but all the old favourites where there, even Doug (you know what they say about bad pennies) I had a good laugh, Geoff ordered tomatoes on toast and he actually received 'a tomato on toast' . Two slices of bread and one tom cut in half for a fiver. It was returned and reappeared with 2 1/2 toms. There was good ole Spider riding his old favourite Zelda. Spider you must remember to inflate your toys before you play with them, they feel so much better to handle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:47 pm 

good to see you out and about dave as well. i blame the rubbish tyre gauge i bought. Richard nearly fell off his bike when i was first one ready after grub. then i remembered i left my phone on the table and run back to get it. am going nuts as i get older. it taught me how to be smooth with the throttle so that was good to practice :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:34 pm 

Good turn out for January - too good - like feeding the 5000. Anyway I thought they coped very well to serve 22 breakfasts and a tomato on toast - there's always one! Thanks for back marking Geoff....................Richard