Home
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:49 am 
Site Admin

The annual Easter Saturday run to the Super Sausage at Potterspury, near Towcester, will take place this year on Saturday, 26th March 2016.

Suitable for all riders we will meet at the McDonald's at the M11 / A414 interchange at Harlow / Hastingwood at 9am for a briefing and 9.30 departure. The ride will be made of two or more groups allowing for all abilities. Total ride length including the loop out past Silverstone will be in the region of 170 miles. Should you want a shorter ride you may return direct from the Super Sausage, a round trip of approximately 120 miles.

I look forward to seeing you on Easter Saturday.

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:19 pm 

I really wish to ride on that day but it is not possible with my broken ankle :( as I have already missed some other trips which I was expecting get lost and forgotten by Richard :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:51 am 
Site Admin

All
The weather forecast for Saturday is for heavy rain around the entire route all day. With the ground water levels high, flooding is a very big probability so I have decided to postpone the ride. It will be moved to one of the two May Bank holiday weekends. I will post on this thread confirming which date.

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:53 am 

A pity to have to postpone what is the opening event of the year, although not the first ride of the year for many, but rain and the high winds also forecast would not make for a pleasant or safe ride. We have had rain at the beginning of the ride in the past but I cannot remember there ever being bad weather all day.

The May Day holiday will not be ideal for the run as there is the Essex Motorcycle show/Bikesafe/Herts Air Ambulance run on the Sunday.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:21 am 

Been talking to Chris Reed. As the young man is going through the mill and is finding it hard to ride and not at work. The super sausage ride is postponed until a later date than expected. Feel free to send him a sympathy get well message. Or when you see me. I will accept donations to pay for my breakfast as I used up 2 minutes of my time. Spider