Home
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:45 pm 

The Full Member Social Ride this month if scheduled for Sunday 29th May when I am away on a bike trip. Would someone please kindly volunteer to run the ride. Thank you .............................Richard P.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 pm 

Willing to back mark if that helps x

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:00 am 

Thank you Paula - Colin Childs has kindly agreed to cover this ride - watch this space.....................Richard

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:43 am 

Will post the route and destination soon as I'm just deciding on one!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:46 pm 

The route has now been planned and providing heavy rain is not forecast we will be heading towards St Neots via Thaxted & Saffron Walden with a short Tea Stop at the Ambiance Café on the river. From there we will wind our way onwards to Oundle, Bourne and onto the Wymondham Tearooms set in a 5 story windmill nearby to Melton Mowbray. Hopefully the route will take us via some great roads or at least my route planner shows them as such. The Tearooms serve cakes, sandwiches and hot meals. From there we will head across to Melton Mowbray down to Tilton and via Market Harborough. We will the skirt down between Northampton and Bedford linking up with the A507 and our journey across and back to Boreham. In the event of bad weather and providing it isn't hammering it down I will knock up and alternative shorter route. We will find fuel a fuel top at around 125 miles. Total distance anticipated around 230 - 240 miles.

With any luck this will be a cracking ride on some quieter roads than our usual congested fayre.

Arrive prompt and ready to leave fully fuelled for 9.15am departure from Sainsburys Car Park in Boreham.

Volunteers for rear marker appreciated.

Colin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:29 pm 

Disclaimer:
Please remember that you, the rider are deemed to be in control of your machine at all times during an Observed ride and all other EAMG activities and you are legally responsible for your own actions.
It is also your responsibility to ensure you have the correct driving license, insurance, road tax and MOT (if required) for your machine.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:14 pm 

Thank you for great ride Col- I know how much effort goes into planning these things. epic ride, over 300m for me but home now. Excel ken marking and some lovely roads including single lanes. Pooh x

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:47 pm 

Hi Paula glad you had a good day, tbh it couldn't have gone better, great company, great roads and the weather got warmer!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:49 pm 

Oh and many thanks for being tailender, almost forgot to say!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:08 pm 

What a cracking day - 294 miles door to door. Thanks Colin for the effort put in to planning a great route through some lovely places. Great company too.

Neil

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:05 pm 

A very ambitious run which did not disappoint. Astonishing mix of roads, many of which were completely new to me. Some of the place names brought back memories from the time I did installations in that general area in the 90's. I think there were 13 bikes (I didn't get time for a thorough count before we started out) although a couple turned back at the coffee stop on the outward leg because the weather was colder than forecast. Of course by the afternoon it was almost hot; still a pleasant novelty this year. I think it was a great success, Colin, and the only question is where are you going to take us next month? Paula did an excellent job as back marker. I think the only problem was the mysterious disappearance of Barbara shortly before our destination; for which the only plausible explanation has to be alien abduction. I did 343 miles home to home. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:39 am 

Sandra! And yes Jane and a said the same... The vanishing....

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:04 pm 

Great ride Col, thanks for planning it out, thanks Paula for the back marking too! Gaz.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:53 pm 

Belated thanks to Colin for organising Sunday's tour of England in a day. We passed signs for many of our longest rides - Rushdon, Uppingham and Grafham Water and just kept going..... Fortunately, the weather was splendid and it was well worthwhile. Thank you Colin for covering for Richard's absence in such style.

I do hope Sandra was ok and was not abducted by aliens, but she certainly disappeared.

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:13 am 

Thanks Colin sounds like you did a good job - know where to come next time! Richard