Home
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:11 pm 

I suggest a ride through Maldon, Tolleshunt Darcy, B1026 and then unclassifieds up to Marks Tey. The Food Company on London Road seem to have a nice restaurant which does, amongst other things, a range of all-day breakfasts. The quitters can then bolt back on the A12 after a 30 mile run, but I intend to ride up through Bures to just short of Sudbury, and then take the bog-standard run back through the Hedinghams and Finchingfield. That will be another 45 miles.

I tried out the route today, using a satnav on the unclassifieds until I got fed up, turned it off, and navigated by the sun with equal lack of success. There were some very big tractors around, but only one horse.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:44 pm 

Oh Dear! In the pantheon of glorious failures to which many of my post-AGT rides belong, today's effort must rank close to the top. I had intended to ride to Hatfield Peveral and then down to Maldon from there, but the A138 was closed. In the absence of local knowledge I just followed signs for Maldon, went into the town centre by mistake, and lost all but one of the group. Alex and I eventually got to Copford, and it then appeared that the others were already gathered in a rival eatery 200 yards down the road. Only 3 of us then went on to the Bures - Sudbury - Heddinghams- Finchingfield loop. Pretty roads rather spoiled by showers. Arrived home bushed and dispirited. When I think that we could have gone to Leaden Roding and got free Bikesafe burgers there :-( A few pictures from the AGT have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:42 pm 

The best laid plans and all that. Thanks anyway for pulling together the ride - there is always next month!