Home
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:22 pm 

I haven't done Aldeburgh for a couple of years so before the summer goes! - let's do it. A run of around 180 miles with a 'T' stop on the way out and fuel on the return. This is Fish and Chips on the sea wall or bring your own sandwiches.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac Donalds Boreham Services..................Richard P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:51 pm 

I like fish and chips.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:11 am 

I like tone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:03 pm 

Family commitments kept me away from the run but, since I am currently writing the events report, if anyone could post some details real soon I can include them in the report.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:03 pm 

A great days riding again, much the usual really apart from the return trip home bit, did the drop of system get scrapped ? :roll: still a good day though so mustn't grumble.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:04 pm 

Many thanks, Richard. Another excellent ride. Can only speculate what went wrong with return journey. but still I did get home, so all's well. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:38 pm 

On the way to Aldeburgh, I lost you... I was able to see a couple of bikes behind me then suddenly disappeared, I returned back, waited and there was nobody. I obviously missed tea break and went myself, ate fish alone...
Thanks Richard....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:01 pm 

Big thanks to Richard for another great route and introducing me to some fantastic roads.
Unfortunately, I got waylaid with Spider at lunch & we missed the returning pack from Aldeburgh but with Spider's help we managed to catch you up.
Thanks also to Geoff for tail end duties although at one point I managed to get myself outside the marker system.
Looking forward to the next ride out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:08 pm 

No Tone it wasn't scrapped if you had gone straight across instead of A14 you would have found us stopped for ice cream at Needham Market Lake. I assume Graham was with you because everyone else was with us.

Master Jedi - sorry but how you missed the marker on the right turn for the tea stop I don't know. It was Tony Seaman on the big RT off his bike waving at you but you were head down and away - never to be seen again! By the time you returned I guess the Back Marker had collected up.

Anyway overall a great day for the 20 bikes that turned out. Lovely weather super roads and a nice breeze by the sea - what more could you want. Thanks for tail ending Geoff............................................Richard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:09 am 

Thanks Richard,
Another great ride to the usual standard we have come to expect from Richard complemented by the fine weather and some good progressive riding, as seen from my position as sweeper.
Given the queues at the chippie's, I counted fifty people at one, I deferred to the bakers for a sarny and sat on the sea wall whilst enjoying the fresh onshore breeze, perfik :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:15 am 

Thanks for a grand day out Richy boy. Popping about in the sun is plenty of fun. I don't know where Geoff stopped being back marker, but at least I got told he went of another way as I was waiting.