Home
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:26 pm 

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Uppingham Rutland a return distance of about 230 miles with a tea stop on both legs and fuel at destination.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac Donalds Boreham Services.

Enjoy.................................Richard P.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:25 pm 

Hopefully I can hold the bike up and be on this ride. 2 wheels forever . Horse and carriage never

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:11 pm 

Big thanks to Richard for another superb rideout & to Geoff for back marker duty. Somehow managed to get "detached" from the group in the afternoon & joined forces with another straggler to head for home via A6 & A507.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:50 pm 

Another very successful run. I counted 16 bikes, and the mix of roads was excellent, even including a couple of goat tracks (slight exaggeration) for my benefit. We largely avoided the wolf packs of rain clouds which were hunting in the South and most of the run was on dry roads and in sunshine.. Interesting to see that creeping gentrification has struck the Green Welly, which used to be one of the last bastions of chipped Formica. Car park at Uppingham as crowded as ever. Seemed to be quite a few new bikes on the run. No punctures, breakdowns or navigational errors that I noticed, though on the way back many markers spent 20 minutes waiting patiently in rain. This was due to ... human frailty ;-) I left the ride at Royston after over 200 miles to get a shorter run home down the A10, and was rewarded with a cloudburst at Buntingford and a multi-car collision at the end of the M11. Many thanks to Richard for devising and leading the run, and to Geoff for tailing. Pictures have been posted (including some of Mick Hewitt's group at Sainsbury's).

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:12 am 

Thanks to Richard and Geoff for a great ride on some superb and largely deserted roads, even on a bank holiday weekend. Riding was good and everybody got on well, almost!

Like Chris, I also left the ride early at Wrestlingworth heading south to London but didn't miss the heavy shower. Gave me a good opportunity the test the Angel GT's in the wet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:59 pm 

Thanks once again for a well planned and led ride Richard.

Once again I'm pleased to say that from my position of sweeper the standard of riding I observed was what you'd expect of a group of Advanced riders, well done one and all. :wink: