Home
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:46 pm 

The days are getting shorter so the Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Snape Suffolk but it will still be around 150 miles. Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am.

Ride to finish at the Cock Boreham or Mac D Regiment Way depending on the route back..............................Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:41 pm 

I have been helpfully advised that Snape Maltings is very busy at present so we would be unlikely to get seats on a Sunday. We will therefore eat at a Farm Shop Cafe in nearby Farnham just got to plot a lovely route!.........................................Richard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:51 am 

Not too lovely Boyo, we are rough tough bikers after all!!!!

Geoff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:22 pm 

Don't worry Geoff lovely means twisty and testing! Sorry I omitted to give Stuart and Spider a mention for sweeping last week but thank you........Richard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for another excellent ride Richard. 220 miĺes door to door! A bit chilly but good fun nonetheless! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:15 pm 

It was cold. Admittedly when I took the bike out of its shed it registered 12 degrees, but that was because I had turned on a heater in the shed an hour before to make sure that the bloody machine started; it soon dropped to 1 degree. Thank God for heated clothing. On the plus side it was sunny, and we had 14 bikes, including Stephen Green on a smart new Tracer without panniers and Jill on a fine BMW S1000XR; which was pretty good since she doesn't take delivery of hers until next week. Despite the cold we only encountered one small patch of slush. Standard roads out to the Sudbury McDonalds, pretty familiar ones to Needham Lake, and then it was fairly new for me. Lunch venue acceptable, with very fast service, but a Turkey Lunch should have more than three brussel sprouts. The fine weather became a disadvantage on the way back because the low sun, even with a clean visor, made riding difficult. We finished at the new (to me) McDonalds near Channels having covered a touch over 160 miles. Many thanks to Richard, and to the sweepers Chris R and Ian (? green Kawasaki). Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:14 am 
Site Admin

An excellent resume of the day and great pictures Mr Johnson. Ian Saunders was green kawasaki man and did a fine job of keeping us together on the return!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:17 pm 

Excellent ride out yesterday. Thanks to Richard for leading & for the 2 sweepers. Due to early conditions, one of the most concentrated ride outs I've been on. Called for good close riding skills.
Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:56 am 

Yes another great day. Thanks for turning out on a very cold morning but soon replaced with lovely winter sunshine. Thanks to Chris and Ian for sweeping. Did anyone miss Spider? :) ..............................Richard