Home
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:48 pm 

Chris Reed will be organising the Super Sausage Run, to the Super Sausage Cafe, Potterspury, as announced by Jill at yesterday's Group Night meeting.

Riders to meet at Harlow McDonalds, at the A414/M11 interchange @ 09:00 for a 09:15 departure.

This ride is intended for all members and, as it is usually very well attended, the ride will be split into a number of groups.

Chris would appreciate any volunteers able to lead or tail end a group to put their names forward.

Regards,

John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:10 am 

Hi John, I would have gladly led a group but unfortunately this ride clashes with another planned trip away.

I hope everyone enjoys the day :D

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks John for posting.

Just to add that the ride is suitable for all members and I will do my usual "less progressive " group for those new to group riding or in search of a more relaxed ride.

I look forward to seeing you on the day

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:00 pm 

Sorry Chris but I will not be able to lead a group this year as I am away touring Scotland........................Richard P.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:34 pm 

Sadly, like Richard, I too will not be able to make this as I am away touring.......Portugal.

Hope it's a great day for everyone going.

Neil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:49 pm 

Delightful to have the SuperSoss Run back on the calendar although, with a little over 30 bikes, it might be renamed the Super Chipolata Run. Weather cool but pleasant. There were 3 groups; John Tipper's progressive, Peter Richbell's median, and Chris Reed's relaxed but cunning one. I chose Peter's group. He doesn't like Harlow so we were almost immediately led off onto unclassifieds which took us, via Takely and Newport, to Buntingford where the A507 was the first road which one might reasonably have expected to be on. He also avoided Milton Keynes. 92 miles later we were last to the Cafe. Usual go-home, Cotswold and SIlverstone loop groups afterwards. I chose Chris R's Silverstone option for old times sake, but the 50 limits have killed it. Usual stop at Grafton Honda, and ended at Buntingford at 16:00 after a total of 181 miles. Many thanks to all leaders and sweepers. No known disasters. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Many thanks to everyone who turned up on a chilly day to ride to the Super Sausage. I'm very grateful to John Tipper and Pete Richbell for leading groups and their respective tail-enders. I hope that everybody enjoyed the ride and I will look at an alternative route to the apres breakfast Silverstone loop to enhance the ride enjoyment for next year!

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:53 pm 

I agree it was a very enjoyable day, thanks to all ride leaders and tailenders.

I joined Chris for a relaxed ride to the Cafe (but we still got their first!) then switched to John & Audrey's 130 mile loop to the Cotswolds and back to Buntingford, with a refreshment stop in Chipping Norton.

John