Home
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:58 pm 

Phil Jones has asked me to post details of this social ride on the forum:

Following an initial approach by Steve Enright, EAMG members have been offered a tour of the Adventure Bike Training Centre's facilities followed by coffee & snacks (see web site https://www.adventurebiketraining.co.uk/). Phil Jones will be leading this social ride on Sunday, 25th June.

The ride will assemble behind the recycling bins at Miami Tesco's, Princes Rd, Chelmsford CM2 9XW at 09:00 for a 09:15 departure.

Phil anticipates that we should arrive at around 12:30 - 13:00 and, after about 1.5 hours at the venue, return to McDonalds, Widford at approximately 17:00.

Regards,

John

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:08 am 

John,

I think this is same day as Richard's usual full member ride out (?)

If so any chance we could move one? Would have liked to have done both...

Thanks
Gareth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:13 pm 

Hi Gareth,

I agree that this clash of events is far from ideal.

Unfortunately, this was the only date available that allowed Phil to lead the ride and organise a tour of the facilities at the Adventure Bike Centre!

Best regards,

John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:45 pm 

Thanks to Phil for arranging this visit and for selecting a very enjoyable route out and back.

Our tea stop at Risby on the way out was a bit hurried as Phil seemed keen to reach Syderstone before Richard's group (which we did by about 5 minutes).

I must admit I was pleased to be on the GS when we were on very narrow single track roads with grass growing through the tarmac and copious amounts of gravel!

The overall turnout at the Adventure Bike Centre was very good at 26 (18 on Richard's ride and 8 on Phil's) - and a great array of flapjacks, biscuits & drinks were laid on for us. We had the chance to demonstrate picking a bike up and to repair a tyre. Phil even took the opportunity to get in some extra practice when he got a puncture on the return leg as we stopped for fuel in Swaffham.

Overall a really good day! :D

Andy is likely to be in negotiation to arrange for the Adventure Bike Centre to speak at a future Group Night meeting for anyone who missed out.

Regards,

John