How is Everyone?

Mick Hewitt

Re: How is Everyone?

Post by Mick Hewitt »

John, I was just looking and cannot open them!
Geoff Preston

Post by Geoff Preston »

I remember the incident well John and when I read the bit about the "worst Hotel" and "worst guests" it made me laugh out loud. :lol:
TRUMP'S A CHUMP Quote of the year John,
I also did a paper check, the amount I discarded was greater than the amount I was left with. I might get the same result if I start on the garage Mick. :shock:
As our American cousins (not the orange turnip) would say "we're in for the long haul folks" and just think how much fun it's gonna be John, when you do get to ride the new bike, pig in whatsit comes to mind.
Keep on keeping well all. 8-)
John Tipper

Post by John Tipper »

This has to be a FIRST for me; I've put the dust sheets on the Super Adventure and Audrey's CBR - at the START of the season!!!
phil reader

Post by phil reader »

Hi John and all,

We are doing fine thanks, like most of us the grass has been cut, hedges trimmed and cars washed but most importantly I have managed to get my Triumph Street Triple stripped down and cleaned. 12 or so happy hours in the garage over a few days and it now looks like new again. :D
I have now realised that I need to pace myself with regards to jobs around the house, I usually do as much as I can in a day to free up more riding time but this is changing. I am now saving jobs for the next few days and weeks to come.

I have not been riding my KTM as I wanted to clock the miles up on a trip to Moffat that I have planned for next week, I cant see the restrictions being lifted by then so will have to cancel my bookings which I hate to do.

One of my neighbours is riding his bike to work, 6-55 am (ish) he fires it up and rides away, am I jealous?

This period of isolation is making me appreciate the freedom that I have enjoyed throughout my life, I would like it back asap. ;)

Oh and lastly, we enjoyed a quiz night via Zoom last night, excellent idea and one that will be repeated next Sunday!

Keep well and stay Safe.
Tone

Post by Tone »

This isolation lark certainly did get abit boring, I had 2 weeks of work but had to get back up on the roof today. I did kinda get used to taking the dog out every day for long walks rather than the mrs doing it, my garden has been trimmed, weeded, patio repointed here and there I even managed to get some decorating done. Thank god I ran out of paint. Gagging to get out on the bike But it just wouldn’t be right. I’ve cleaned my bike so much the paint is coming of. See you soonish,, and don’t forget only a fool forgets the 2 mtr rule. Tony.
John Tipper

Post by John Tipper »

Good to hear from you Phil and Tony,

Audrey and I have just returned from Tesco for our fortnightly shop. Thankfully, everything there is now really well organised and pain free.

I'm afraid this isolation and frustration is really getting to me. I've completed many of the jobs around the house, garden, garage and driveway but the bike beckoned so I've succumbed. Only problem was, I had to turn the pedals!

'2 mtr rule' - excellent!

Our best wishes to Boris for a full recovery, the country needs him!

John
Colin Digby

Post by Colin Digby »

Hi every one
Glad to here you are all coping with this isolation :o
I am working from hone on all emails and then riding to work 1 day per week .
Blimey i Did not no it was so plain riding with no traffic nothing to get a good planed over take on.
The biggest changes are the wild life there is so much more about and some of you will no i had a nasty encounter with pheasant :lol:
I have done the grass fitted new garage door and cleaned K T M ready for that glorious day they let us out :roll:
Then i joined up with the Essex blood runners made a frame for triumph to carry blood boxes 15 KG each and there can be 2 at a time that will change the triumphs handling
Done the online training All about them and what they need you to do and loads about HSE off blood and we must not break the speed limits anywhere boring sods

And now half way through tilling the kitchen
PS John i can send rad by UPS if you want me to

Thanks Diggers
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
Mick Hewitt

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Glad to hear from you Colin - good to catch up on all those jobs! The Blood Runners provide great support for the NHS - well done. Garage has been well blitzed and looking good. Nice enough to have a bed in there!

At least you wont go stir crazy when you can get out Blood Running. Great community spirit out there - takes a horrible event to really bring us closer together.

Take care mate.
Mick
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

One advantage of being largely retired, after working from home for 15 years, is that lockdown does not inspire me to do work around the house which I have been successfully avoiding for years. I have developed indolence into an art form. A few hours of weeding and tidying in the garden have been more than enough. I still have to clean the bikes, but not until I have fixed the leak in the pressure washer, which I hesitate to do because it will mean I have to clean the stone flags in the back yard.

Mary and I are surviving well with a weekly shop at Lidl (a hasty dash just before closing when the store is relatively empty), food drops by our youngest daughter, and a daily walk. Yesterday we had a visit, in the garden with social distancing preserved, from Mary's 23 month old grandson, with parents in tow. To keep him happy I opened the bike shed, which is crammed with the sort of interesting junk which boys of all ages like. Twenty minutes, and two anxious parents, later he emerged completely filthy clutching two cans of tyre pressure sealant which were removed from him with great difficulty and under extreme protest. His parents were calm about the grubbiness, but I am happy not to be around when they discover just how persistent oily stains can be.

This is going to continue for months for the old and vulnerable.One interesting side effect is that children in foreign parts (USA, Germany and Sweden) are keeping in far better contact through video chat. Mary seems to get a dozen calls a day from friends and family. I suspect we shall survive it very well, providing we don't get the bug itself.That would be very bad news.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
Mick Hewitt

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Chris,
Good to know how you've perfected the way to handle jobs with the minimum of hardship to yourself - your a real inspiration to us all. Perhaps you could do a Group talk on this when we get back to living as normal! Glad to know your thinking about cleaning your bikes - hope you prioritise them over all the other jobs in the home!

Look forward to seeing everyone on our first bike ride - numbers might run into 50+ bikes! We may have to plan for two runs on the day to different locations.

Take care.
Mick