Home
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MCT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:10 pm 

I went up to visit MCT in Stowmarket this morning, and am very pleased with the change to my bike. (ER6n)
Much softer suspension but well damped:
Forks - Change of springs with more oil, and change of grade to heavier oil.
Rear - Shim, lubrication, and change of setting. (softer)

Very nice ride home too, less jarring. Seems I can lean the bike further over but this must surely just be confidence as it feels more stable as it copes with bumps better. My observer will be pleased as I don't have to suppress that feeling of wanting to brake in a bend any more!!

Also, compared to previously, on rural roads when I checked the speedo I found I was consistently going slightly quicker by about 5mph than I had thought. (Particularly around the 55 to 60mph speeds)

MCT gave me the impression that they would not suggest changes for the sake of just taking my money, unless there was a significant achievable and tangible benefit... Which is refreshing!

I did have something similar done to my XS400 in 1981 in Dorset and remember being pleased then, although on that occasion the forks had been fairly soft but heavier oil was added and a small spacer on top of each fork-spring. Not sure quite what effect those over-sized Avon RoadRunners that I had insisted on fitting had though.....!