Home
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:42 am 

I had a rear-wheel puncture on my Pan yesterday, in darkest Sussex. Oh Bum, 5 miles from my delivery-point and I was supposed to pick up from there and deliver back to London as well - double bum! Not to worry, I thought, I have a can of Petronas "tyre-inflator and repair foam" in my tank-bag, highly recommended by no less that Motor Cycle News! So, I followed the instructions on the can and squirted. The foam was going into the tyre but, it was then squirting out of a hole from whence the air had escaped originally! Nevertheless, I persevered, hoping the foam would work its magic and seal the hole. Unfortunalely, it didn't and, it squirted out from every possible joint in the can-tube-valve ensemble as well! It did, however, provide enough fill to enable me to 'walk' the bike to a nearby Shell garage where there was an air-line.

After a fruitless attempt to inflate the tyre I then remembered I also had a Crafty Plugger in my bag. Now, I have been riding for 50 years this year and I have never made a roadside repair to a tyre so, with some trepidation, out came the Plugger and I read the instuctions. OK, seems easy enough, here goes. 5 minutes later there I was with a fully-inflated tyre and 10 minutes later, after checking the pressure had remained, off I was to complete my journey.

If you haven't got a Crafty Plugger in your bag of tricks I would highly recommend them, and they are an Essex company!
craftyplugger.com

PS: just to put the icing on the cake; Clive T despatched another of his guys to rendezvous with me to complete the job. When I reported that I thought I would be able to do it now he told me "Just as well because Nick has just reported in from the M23, he has a puncture!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:47 pm 

They are great and easy to use. Done 6,000 miles on my repair