Home
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:47 pm 

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend and pass me details of a good motorcycle technician that can sort out my 2000 reg Honda CBR600f which seems to have some kind of carbs/blocked jet problem (suggested to me by a couple of fellow bikers)? The carbs were supposedly balanced in November 2015 but whether or not they were done properly or there's another issue etc is not clear to me. Someone fairly local to Upminster area would be preferable but will travel if need be. My bike basically coughs and splutters in 1st/2nd gear when the engine is hot on low revs pulling away. It's not an issue at all when the engine is cold.

Cheers adam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Adam, sounds like blocked pilot jets caused by low quality modern unleaded fuel. Tony Galea (of Galea camchain fame) is your man if you live anywhere near Wickford and I'll happily give you his number. He has access to sonic cleaning equipment which could make all the difference. If you live near Harlow then Ferdie at HPS motorcycles in the Wych Elm industry area is your man !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:40 pm 

2nd vote for Tony - recently sorted my R1 which would not tick over at all and stopped every time I came to a halt. Turned out all four pilot jets were blocked ( mainly due to lack of use to be fair). Knows his stuff and a top bloke to boot.
Simon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:58 pm 

Hi Adam

Going out at a tangent here but if the problem only occurs when hot & low revs have you considered it could be a rectifier/regulator problem. Similar sort of symptoms.

Glyn