Home
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BMW Servicing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:59 pm 

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good independent BMW mechanic? My 1150GS needs a service soon but unfortunately, Reid's Motorcycles in Chelmsford, who I used to use are no longer open!

Regards,

John

Post subject: Re: BMW Servicing
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:52 am 

There's moto works ltd in Kent. I've never used them but may look into it. Cannons are a tad on the expensive side.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:45 am 

Andy, at Monster Garage, will care for your bike like it was his own baby! I can recommend him.

https://m.facebook.com/monstergarageemporium

Neil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 pm 

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the recommendation, I will remember Monster Garage - as being just up the road they might be useful in the future.

I decided to take the GS to Motoscot (see http://www.motoscot.co.uk/), who advertise in the BMW Club Newletter on the basis of the comments quoted on their web site and was very pleased that I did.

Steve at Motoscot quoted me a price that was roughly half that provided by the local BMW Motorrad dealer!

After dropping my bike off I was surprised how much more responsive and smooth the Motoscot courtesy GS1150 was than mine, especially considering it had over 100,000 miles on the clock.

However, when I got my own bike back it had also been transformed and was running better than ever, which says a lot about the quality of the work done by Motoscot (as the bike already had a full service history from SBW Motorrad when I bought it). Additionally, the cost ended up being lower than originally quoted which cannot be bad.

I will definitely be taking the GS back to Motoscot in the future.

Regards,

John