Home
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:10 am 

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Old Buckenham Norfolk a return distance of around 180 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg and fuel on the return.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmford at 9.30am ( don't forget the clocks change so don't be early or late - whichever way round it is!). Ride to finish at Mac Donalds Boreham Services................................Richard P.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 am 

the clocks go back an hour on Saturday night. I bet I am still rushing about to be on time

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:54 pm 

See you in the morning All :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:02 pm 

Thankyou Richard for a great ride out today great turn out of riders tony colby also said thankyou he carnt post on line at mo :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:37 am 

I echo Dave's thanks and I further extend those thanks to my fellow riders. I have been known to raise concerns in the past regarding the questionable riding antics I have witnessed on full member rides, yesterday however, for the first time, I experienced a full day's riding that reflected what one would expect to see from a group of Advanced riders, courteous, considered skilful riding with no indiscretions and all in less than favourable weather conditions.
I am aware of course that my observations are limited to what I see around me and I get to see only part of the story so, it would be interesting to hear of the experiences of any of the other five Observers who were on the ride, were you equally impressed, or not?
Six Observers apart from the Leader on a ride I figure must be a record.
Thanks and, from my perspective, well done everyone. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:55 pm 

Thanks Richard for another great ride on, for me, many new roads which were very enjoyable. Given the number of bikes attending and the, at times, very poor visibility, it was amazing the ride went so smoothly! Everyone showed respect for both the conditions and the other riders around them and it was a pleasure to be part of the ride.

The venue was also new to me and they did well not to go into meltdown when we all turned up. I wish I had had a bit more time to look at some of the exhibits, but our table was one of the last to be served!

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:48 am 

A shock to arrive in fog but a greater shock that 24 riders had turned up when I had only reserved 12 seats but a phone call and by driving out other diners to vacate seats we managed. Sorry for the delay in service for the latter arrivals but we got by and still got back to Chelmsford before 5 while still light. So well done some good riding on super roads.

Thanks for such a good turn out and a special thanks to Audrey for tail-ending - with practice you could be quite good! :lol: ..........Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:03 am 

:D I would like to respond to Geoff's comments albeit that I am not an Observer. On arriving after a journey of fog and idiot drivers that do not consider it necessary to put their vehicle lights on in this type of weather and then seeing the huge turnout of very serious all male riders, I decided to rethink joining the ride. After chatting to Geoff and a couple of other riders I made the decision to join but as Sweeper. I am so glad that I made that decision as I enjoyed every minute of a great ride. I agree with all of Geoff's comments on his thoughts of the ride. Oh and Richard I have noted your comment thank you. :)