Home
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:08 am 

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Sicklesmere Suffolk a return distance of around 120 miles. There will not be tea or fuel stop - straight out for brunch and back - finishing at Mac Donalds Boreham Services.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. If there is ice about the ride will be off......................Richard P.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:30 pm 

Have a good ride we will have about 30 cm of snow by then so time to buy some studs for the bikes and just go free riding over through the forests :lol: .

Hope to be at club night in February so see some of you then provide I can get out of Sweden by road :!: .

In the meantime Happy new year to all at EAMG. George

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Weather forecast looks very promising Richard ! I certainly hope to be there!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:45 pm 

I hope to be joining you all too :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:08 pm 

Hope to be there :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:08 pm 

A very successful run. 17 bikes, balmy temperatures for the time of year, and no rain. There was even some sun on the way back. The route was a masterclass in stretching out 30 miles to twice as many without actually going off-piste and the short muddy lane was good fun (but it was even better fun to hear people complaining about it afterwards). Half a dozen left after the Rushbrook Arms because they wanted a longer run. 120 miles to Dunmow, and I got back home in time to clean the bike, which needed it badly. Thanks to Mick and Alan for sweeping, and of course to Richard for organising and leading. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:58 pm 

Thanks Richard and the rest of the gang for a nice enjoyable relaxing ride even if some nearly off road experience was also added in just for good measure. Thanks also for Your and others observation that my rear tyre was on its last legs after arriving back at Boreham.

Thank you Richard and Alan for putting the mockers on it as on leaving to head home a warning of low pressure was indicated. After arriving home and having inspected the tyre I discovered that I had picked up a nail so that has settled it, a new tyre will be fitted hopefully by Wednesday. Funnily enough I had run a check on the pressures about 10 miles out and everything was okay that point. The bike is now clean ready for the next ride out.

Cheers

Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:58 pm 

Thankyou Richard for the ride out today :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:28 pm 

Thanks Richard. Perfect length for January. All went very well, although unexpected mud appearing round bends does scare the pants off me. Looking forward to the year ahead.

Ian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:45 pm 

That's not a nice image Ian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm 

Thanks for leading the ride Richard, a very well planned and Excellent route in my opinion. Also thanks to Mick H for tail ending.

The 5 of us that carried on (regardless) rode to St.Ives, Cambridgeshire. We covered around 230 miles and was home at 5.15pm. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:21 pm 

Yes it was a great day to extend the route Phil - would have liked too myself but had my flock to tend. All seemed to have had a good day in warm conditions so thanks for the good turn out and to Mick and Alan for tail ending...........................Richard