Home
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:48 pm 

After our 2nd run this week we have agreed to continue rides through the winter but they will be subject to reasonable weather forecasted on the day.

The dates for the diary are as follows:-

16th November
14th December
15th Feb
15th March
19th April

Venues to be decided nearer the time. Details will be posted to the forum once agreed.

Anyone who wants to lead a ride or suggest a venue please advise bigbobcowl@yahoo.com Graham on seeley2000@gmail.com.

If you also would like to be added to our mailing list for mid week events please also contact myself or Graham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:59 am 

Dear All,

Just received this message from Bob - afraid its bad news :( unless someone would like to step in to cover the next couple of rides, otherwise it will be April at the earliest.

Oh and get better soon Bob!

Cheers

Simon

===========================================================================
Dear All,

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

I had a good one also apart from:-

Carving the Gammon on Christmas Eve managed to cut my left index finger quite badly lots of blood, a few days later became obvious i had severed a tendon.

So after a referral and then review at Broomfield Hospital it was an operation on New Years Day to find the other end ( they ping like elastic ) and then reattach the parts of the tendon. They are fairly delicate once attached until they knit back in.

Initially was in plaster now a long splint and cannot use the hand for 5 weeks at all, then very light for 3 weeks, likely unable to ride until April.

So the next 2 rides are cancelled ( 15th Feb, 15th March ) unless anyone wants to do a route, lead and advise the group.

Hopefully i can do the ride in April. Date will need to change as our childcare day from Easter will be a Wednesday. So i suggest Tuesday 18th April for my first ride back.

Take care everyone and hope you all have a good few months and are able to get out on the bike on nice days.

Cheers Bob

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2& ... sp=safe&zw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:18 am 

As Bob is unable to ride at the current time I have offered to lead the runs in his place. To help me do this I have produced two runs for January and February

The meet is at the usual place "Sainsburys, Springfield, departing at 10am.

I have produced the route files in GPX and ITN format but have forgotten to but a stop point for the this Months run in the GPX file, its only shows as a way point. (I build all my routes using the TomTom platform).

Bob has supplied me with some email addresses and I have sent the files direct, but if there are any other members who would like to join us and would like a copy of the route, could you please contact Bob as he a has a copy of both files for this and next months run.

If all goes well I will send out the route file for February in due course.

I hope to see you on Wednesday

Cheers

Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 am 

The total attendance was 1 bike and rider, which in fact was me as no one else bothered to turn up or say they were unable to attend. By contrast we had 17 bike's on Richard's run the previous Sunday. It would appear that all my rushing around to have a new rear tyre fitted in time to lead the run so as to not let anyone down has proved to be a waste of time.

At 10am and as I was out and all kitted up I decided to do the run on my own. The run was approximately 100 miles and started out on damp road surfaces that dried as the ride progress even if it became windier during the homeward leg, arriving home at 1 pm. The cafe I had selected look nice and clean and tidy but the car park looked a bit rough and uneven as I passed by and if I was to do this run again I would stay clear of Colchester by returning by a similar route as on the way out.

I did not stop as there was little point of me sitting having a meal on my own. This also gave me the opportunity to tryout my new TomTom 400 Sat/Nav unit and to scrub the rear tyre in. The nanny state has now really got to us as for the first time in my live as I took delivery of the fitted tyre I was given advice on how the run a tyre in.

The unit worked well apart from the fact that as I approached every way point it announced that I had reached my destination which proved to be a bit of a problem at the cafe as I sailed right by it. It started to become a bit of a nuisance towards the end of the ride. I will make inquiries to see if this can be overcome as it never occurred on the TomTom Rider 2 my previous unit

It would seem that until Bob has recovered and is able to lead the runs again there will be no more runs until then, at the present this is likely to be April.

Last edited by Tony S on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 am 

Blurred mirrors sorry I have just spotted your message about not being able to attend thank for taking the trouble to let me know.

Tony :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 am 

Tony, I am sorry that nobody turned up, but I am grateful for your post since it gives me a bit of meat for the TUG events report, which at this time of year tends to become vegetarian :-)

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:58 pm 

HiTony,

Sorry to hear of the lack of support, particularly as you had stepped in to help out. If you do feel up to trying again next month I will happily include in my monthly round robin emails that might just help raise awareness and drum up more support. Send me a pm or see me at club night if you want to chat through.

Cheers and thanks again.

Regards
Simon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:26 am 

Well it looks as if I chose the right day for the ride as it is now snowing