Home
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:37 am 

Hi all.
This months ride is a mystery tour as Alan is organising - will update forum when known.

*Meet: Sainsburys Springfield (CM2 5PA) - main car park.
*Time: 09:15 to leave 09:30 sharp. - Note: toilets in Sainsburys open at 09:30 so if you need to go plan a stop at the BP garage down the road by MacDonalds.
*Destination: TBA.
*Distance: TBA.
*Return point: New MacDonalds Regiment Way(CM3 3PZ) - near Chanels Golf Club. ETA MacDonalds: 13:45ish.
*Full tank of fuel.

Not sure if I can make it yet as may be doing other training.

Enjoy.
Mick and Alan
07762 889408
07760 452993

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:55 pm 

Very mysterious. Hope to join you

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:43 pm 

Thanks Alan for a great mystery tour, even though i joined you half way, i thoroughly enjoyed it. What a lovely bunch of people to spend the afternoon with.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:20 pm 

There were, I think, ten of us, and the weather was brilliant (the promised rain did not arrive until I was dismounting from the bike back home in South London, but it then came with a vengeance). The destination turned out to be the Street Cafe in Newmarket, and the distance was going to be 60 miles, which meant that the route had to be an ingenious one. Much of it was indeed on narrow unclassifieds, but of a better class than the mossy goat tracks some of us have inadvertently become used to. Personally I think Alan planned it by requesting the routes for the Sunday Ride from every local bike club, and then just stitched them together. There can be no other explanation for the inordinate number of cyclists we encountered. It was actually a very good route on many roads I have never ridden before. The food at the cafe was good, at humane prices and with prompt service. Half a dozen of us parked, with permission, in the cafe back yard. The staff seemed strangely hostile but we blagged our way through it. This may be connected with the fact that we had actually parked in the wrong back yard. Route back was not quite as devious, but still very good. The pace was relaxed (but at no time funereal - why did I get so much stick for using that word before for a tiny part of the last relaxed ride?). Total distance 114 miles. We finished at the Boreham McDonalds shortly before three, Many thanks to Alan for leading and Clive for sweeping. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:13 am 

Thanks for a great day out Alan -Good fun, weather and company - well done all - even Chris J's report is ok (ish) this week.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:08 am 

cornershy wrote:
Thanks for a great day out Alan -Good fun, weather and company - well done all - even Chris J's report is ok (ish) this week.

Cheeky monkey! Write your own report of the outing. I shall be happy to plagiarise it for TUG. :-)

Regards
Chris J.