Home
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:21 pm
Posts: 158
We haven't done St Ives since February last year so that's the destination for this coming Sunday. A route of about 160 miles with a tea stop on the outward leg and fuel on the return if needed.

Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am. Ride to finish at Mac Donalds Boreham Services.......................Richard


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 777
Location: Sydenham; when riding normally unknown
The weather forecast for Sunday is dire. If there is no snow or frost at Sydenham at 07:30 I shall turn up the the heated jacket to max and set out to join the run. Otherwise I shall do what is probably the sensible thing anyway. and stay at home.

Regards
Chris J.

_________________
EAMG pictures at:
http://edmxtech.co.uk/eamg.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:00 pm
Posts: 374
Make y'right Chris. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:59 pm
Posts: 43
It's looking like the Siberian wastelands at the moment and the forecast is much the same for tomorrow. I'm not deterred in the least by the cold but snow/ice is a big no-no for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:21 pm
Posts: 158
I agree it doesn't look too hopeful for Sunday so the most likely outcome will be a cancellation. I know I'm on a bit higher ground but we have at least an inch of snow and increasing. Any ice tomorrow or snow come to that and the ride won't be on. I will review this evening and probably be cancelling. Maybe we can arrange it next Sunday or the one after..........................Richard :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 30
I live a mile away from the start and is has been snowing all day and there 50 of snow on the lawn but the road outside is clear. 0°c earlier.
I will not be riding tomorrow.
Chris if I were you I would stay at as it's not worth the risk.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 30
50mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 30
Local temperature in Chelmsford tomorrow am -1°C
pm 0°C


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:21 pm
Posts: 158
As you are all aware its been below Zero all day and it is forecast to be even colder tomorrow so there is no alternative but to cancel the ride.

RIDE CANCELLED________________
______________________________ :( :( ...................Richard


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 777
Location: Sydenham; when riding normally unknown
Thanks for posting the cancellation in good time, Richard. It meant that I didn't have to get up at 06:30 to check the weather. I would not have ventured out anyway; it was far too icy here.

Regards
Chris J.

_________________
EAMG pictures at:
http://edmxtech.co.uk/eamg.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron