Associate Group Training on Sunday 8th March

John Tullett

Associate Group Training on Sunday 8th March

Post by John Tullett »

Following on from storm Ciara in February we hope to hold our first AGT of the year on Sunday, 8th March at the usual venue of Longmeads House, 12-14 Redwood Drive, Writtle, Chelmsford, CM1 3LY.

For 2020 a £10.00 charge has been introduced for Associate & Full members wishing to participate in an observed ride at AGTs - to be collected when you sign on.

For the benefit of any new members the format of the AGT is:

09:30 - A Roadcraft talk for approximately 20 minutes. This month Senior Observer Mick Hewitt will be our speaker with Jill Winn as supervisor.

then either:

OPTION A: - Associates and Full Members signed up for Further Training for Full Members (FTFM) will be able to participate in an Observed ride. Individuals should arrive by 09:15 at the latest, to get signed in before the Roadcraft talk commences. Please also ensure that your bike has a full tank of fuel.

If you are considering joining EAMG for additional training you are welcome to attend as a Guest, at no charge, to check us out. If you have any questions you would like answered beforehand please e-mail me via: training@eamg.org.uk

Guests will need to sign a disclaimer as follows:

'I declare I have a full and valid driving licence and relevant insurance. My motorcycle will be roadworthy and have valid MoT (if required). My eyesight meets legal requirements. If I have any personal or medical issues that might affect my riding I will inform my Observer prior to any observed ride. I understand that I will wear appropriate clothing, I will be deemed to be in control of my motorcycle and my actions at all times. I agree that EAMG will accept no liability for any injury, damage or loss whatsoever, however caused.'

or

OPTION B: - Full members will also have the option of attending a social ride.

You will be able to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee at Longmeads House if you wish, for a modest fee of £1.

Please remember that EAMG memberships run for a calendar year - so memberships should have been renewed for 2020. You can download a form via the 'home' page of the web site www.eamg.org.uk - I will also bring along some spare forms for anyone who needs one!

We hope you will find our Group training sessions beneficial, alternatively you may consider that there are aspects that could be developed further to meet your needs? Either way we would really like to hear from you via the new online Training Feedback Form - accessible from the Group's home page at www.eamg.org.uk

Regards,

John