FMT & AMT for 2020

John Tipper

FMT & AMT for 2020

Post by John Tipper »

Some Members may be aware that I had to cancel last year’s July FMT due to a lack of interest. To add insult to injury, October’s FMT was also cancelled as we had just two Member’s who wanted to participate but their riding abilities weren’t matched and wouldn’t have worked. I introduced FMT’s to the Group way back when our governing body had little interest in motorcycle training apart from increasing their membership. Maintaining or improving rider standards, post test, was not on their agenda.

Never before have I found it necessary to cancel an FMT. In my experience, anything that’s worth doing is worth doing to the best of your ability and requires constant practice to maintain. So what’s changed?

Riding a motorcycle well is a prime example. It’s not only exhilarating, it’s immense fun. Make mistakes though and you can soon be history. EAMG’s Observers are required to hold a current RoSPA Gold Certificate before they can be considered for training. Once qualified, which can take up to a year or so, they are required to undergo two yearly assessments by an EAMG Senior Observer Assessor (SOA), covering riding ability, communication, briefing and de-briefing skills. In turn, the SOA’s undergo a full day’s assessment, externally of the Group, by a Police Class: 1 motorcyclist. As if that isn’t enough, all Observer’s are required to attend a minimum of two out of four Peer to Peer rides organised each year. Having declared independence in January 2005, EAMG became known as the ‘Renegade Group’. Ask any examiner from our region about EAMG standards these days and you’ll find we are highly regarded.

I do confess to being disheartened at the lack of interest but sincerely value the comments made by Members elsewhere on this forum. All EAMG Observers are passionate about their riding. We ride thousands of miles each year providing some of the best training available to both Full and Associate Members. We will continue to run Full Member Training for those wishing to maintain their riding standards and pleased to confirm we are re-introducing Associate Member Training so be sure to check T.U.G. for details and application form.

John Tipper
John_Murphy

Re: FMT & AMT for 2020

Post by John_Murphy »

John, I hope the uptake of FMT this year reflects the hard work you put into it and the value of the days to members' riding skills.

Please reserve a space for me on March 29th.
John Tipper

Post by John Tipper »

Thanks John, consider it done. Details will follow.
Dannysrutter

Post by Dannysrutter »

Hi John. I would also like to reserve a spot on the 29th March.

I have a new email address dannysrutter@gmail.com.

Thanks

Danny
John Tipper

Re: AMT / FMT for 2020

Post by John Tipper »

Resume AMT / FMT for 2020

I am pleased to confirm that with effect from 16th June, EAMG has resumed training activities. The Coronavirus is still with us so the Management Committee and Training Team have agreed the following:

1. Social distancing will be implemented.

2. Radios will not be used.

3. Ride Reports will be sent later by email.

4. With limited catering facilities available, Associates may wish to take their own food and drink.

5. Many toilet facilities are currently closed but Observers will endeavour to plan routes where such facilities are available.

6. AGT’s will not take place but this will be kept under review.

7. Group social rides will not take place but this will also be kept under review.

Gradually, things are changing and we’re getting back to some form of normality. These changes will be constantly kept under review and subject to change.

The above is based upon the Group’s formal announcement but I am writing to confirm that EAMG Associate Member Training (AMT) and Full Member Training (FMT) resumes on Sunday July 26th with a second planned for Sunday 18th October 2020.

These have been unprecedented times and the majority of us have been off our bikes for months. AMTs and FMTs are an excellent way to refresh your riding and get you back up to standard or prepared for a forthcoming RoSPA test. If you’d like to participate on either (or both) of these dates, please complete the AMT / FMT Application form that you’ll find at the rear of T.U.G. or respond to me at ajt@reveillerrides.co.uk providing the following information:

Name: 
Telephone: 
Riding Experience:
Aspirations:
Typical Annual Mileage:
Motorcycle you’ll be riding:

Joining fees are: AMT: £35.00, FMT: £45.00. Payment by cheque to me, payable to Essex Advanced Motorcyclists Group Ltd (payee in full please) or cash to me on the day. 

In the meantime, I hope you have kept well during this challenging period and are looking forward to riding with us again.

John Tipper
Dannysrutter

Post by Dannysrutter »

Thanks John for organising along with Graham and Geoff.

Fantastic ride out today. 220 miles in the saddle and my weary bones are feeling it now.

Thanks to my ride group of Geoff and Steve. I great ride.

Danny
Dannysrutter

Post by Dannysrutter »

Thanks John for organising along with Graham and Geoff.

Fantastic ride out today. 220 miles in the saddle and my weary bones are feeling it now.

Thanks to my ride group of Geoff and Steve. I great ride.

Danny
John Tipper

Post by John Tipper »

Thanks Danny, your comments are most welcome.

FMT interest wained last year resulting in the July 2019 and October 2019 events being cancelled. Having this year's March and May events also cancelled due to Coronavirus, has instilled interest again. Yesterday's ride included Members who've attended FMT's before but it was great to see we had riders joining for the first time. Sadly, we'll have to wait until October for the fourth and final 2020 FMT but 'fingers-crossed' the 2021 season will be free of Coronavirus interruptions.

John Tipper