Slow Riding Day 15th September

John Tullett

Slow Riding Day 15th September

Post by John Tullett »

Our second Slow Riding Day for 2019 will be held at the Ford Dunton Technical Centre, post code SS15 6EE, on Sunday, 15th September. If you wish to attend please let me know beforehand by dropping an e-mail to training@eamg.org.uk , to help ensure we have sufficient numbers of Observers (and biscuits) available.

Slow riding days are organised for the benefit of all members and we charge a modest entry fee of £5 to cover the provision of biscuits & water and help offset our expenses.

We always endeavour to offer as wide a range of activities as possible, including emergency braking; manoeuvring exercises; the correct way to pick up your bike; a 'swerve' test and the slowest rider race - to win the much coveted 'snail' t-shirt. We will also provide 1-to-1 assistance to address specific riding issues as required.

Attendees should arrive by 09:45 for a 10:00 start (likely finish time is around 13:00).

Regards,

John
diddy

Re: Slow Riding Day 15th September

Post by diddy »

Hi to everyone!

My first post as I am a prospective new member of the group.

Slow riding event sounds tough but very rewarding.

Is it for fully signed up members or anyone else tag along, contribute to funds, maybe a little higher than the full members?

have a think …….

diddy
John Tullett

Post by John Tullett »

Hi,

Yes - prospective members are welcome to attend as Guests, at the same standard £5 fee, subject to completing the standard disclaimer as follows:

'I declare I have a full and valid driving licence and relevant insurance. My motorcycle will be roadworthy and have valid MoT (if required). My eyesight meets legal requirements. If I have any personal or medical issues that might affect my riding I will inform my Observer prior to any observed ride. I understand that I will wear appropriate clothing, I will be deemed to be in control of my motorcycle and my actions at all times. I agree that EAMG will accept no liability for any injury, damage or loss whatsoever, however caused.'

Individuals are encouraged to only undertake activities that they are comfortable with - the idea is that everyone enjoys the day!

Regards,

John
John Tullett

Post by John Tullett »

Thank you to all Observers (Chris, John Ti, Mick, Alan, Geoff & Andy H) for making yesterday's Slow Riding Day such a success. Also thanks to Graham Simpkins for arranging our booking of the excellent Ford Dunton Test Track.

We had 12 riders attending including a mix of Full, Associate & potential members.

The main activities covered included:- emergency braking; counter-steering; slalom & figures of eight.

Nigel Lewis posted the slowest times in both his heat (26.1 secs) and the final (24.79 secs) to win the Slowest Rider Race and the much coveted EAMG 'snail' t-shirt.

I will e-mail a trial feedback form to attendees to seek their views on the day. Thanks to Stephen Fletcher for setting this up.

Regards,

John