EAMG QUIZ Nov 2nd 2021

chris_johnson

EAMG QUIZ Nov 2nd 2021

Post by chris_johnson »

Since no venue was available the 'Xmas' Quiz took place at the November Group Night, with the added incentive of a subsidised buffet! It was well attended. It was also plagued by technical difficulties, with the new PA failing for the first two rounds, and the sounds round suffering from the unfamiliarity of the staff with the new CD player. This meant that the relaxed showmanship for which the quiz is famous suffered (believe that if you will)!

The rounds seemed to be within acceptable limits for difficulty. The Sports and Sounds rounds seemed the easiest for most, with Science predictably being the hardest. The best Joker play was by Table 5, and the worst by Table 9. Table 3 was best for the picture quiz, which seems to have been a bit harder than usual. The results were, out of a possible 110:

1) Table 6 with 73 points
2) Table 3 with 70 points
3) Table 5 with 68 points

The coveted wooden spoon was awarded to Table 9 with 51 points

I would like to thank all who attended for putting up with the difficulties with, for the most part, good humour. Special thanks to Colin Digby for getting the PA sorted, and to Mick Hewitt for bringing the projector, helping with setting up, and generally being a Good Guy. Jill also was assiduous in making sure the markers were fed and watered. Thanks are also due to those unsung heroes, the markers. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
Mick Hewitt

Re: EAMG QUIZ Nov 2nd 2021

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Great night Chris with a well balanced quiz. Everyone enjoyed it.
Big thanks to your family for all their hard work.
Mick
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

One slightly galling detail. I have just received a 20% off voucher for the boxes of chocolate shells I bulk buy as prizes. If only it had come ten days earlier :-(

Regards
Chris J.
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

Ouch! I have just realised that I never read out the answers to the picture quiz. See what happens - miss a year and you get rusty. Here are the very belated answers:

PICTURE QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Funnel Web Spider
2. Honor Blackman
3. Po
4. BSA Bantam D1
5. The First Lady
6. Quagga
7. Tiger Moth
8. Kim Wilde
9. Tallulah Bankhead
10. Umbrella
11. Shetlands
12. Velma
13. Bugatti (Model 35)
14. Scarlett Johansson
15. Pulp Fiction
16. Volvo
17. Bladder
18. I am 40, daughter is 10
19. Oliver Cromwell
20. Asters

My apologies!