Sports Touring Bikes

Dannysrutter

Sports Touring Bikes

Post by Dannysrutter »

What are the groups thoughts and recommendations for the best sports tourers. Looking at fun versus comfort and pillion comfort. Have test ridden the KTM super duke GT which I loved but what are the other options. Thanks for your help.
phil reader

Re: Sports Touring Bikes

Post by phil reader »

You have a lot of options, I can only comment on bikes I have ridden.
So, I had 7 days riding the Kawasaki Z1000SX (solo) in Spain covering 1800 miles, it was good but no sports bike. The pegs were too low and ground out along with the exhaust cover on the right side and the side stand on the left. Comfort was all day long good, no issues, mirrors,screen, instruments, luggage and tank range acceptable. Just a little Boring.

I own a 2017 KTM Superduke GT, I part exchanged my S1000RR for this bike, the KTM is more sporty than it looks, have now done 12K, very comfortable even 2 up, handles well but needs the now available suspension update that is on the 19 bike. Oh and its a bugger to keep clean. I would buy another.

Only you can decide what is the best sport tourer (for you). Enjoy all your test rides and let us know what you think.