Future Full Member Rides

richard parker

Future Full Member Rides

Post by richard parker »

Clearly my Full Member Ride programmed for next Sunday 13 December will not run under the present restrictions.

Many of you will recall that for a few years I have been trying to find a successor to run the Full Member Rides. I started these rides in 2003 so for 17 years until this year there has been a ride for Full Members every month. The only miss has been snow and ice. They are popular well attended and great fun but I am afraid the time has come for me to hand over to someone else - but who?

I have had offers from a few members to lead the odd ride but at least need a co-ordinator who will lead some rides and arrange a leader for the others. Are you that person? Hopefully someone will bite the bullet or these rides will fall by the wayside which would be a great shame as they are an important aspect of maintaining the interest of Full Members in the Group and a great way to continually develop your riding skills.

If you can help please speak and I will do all I can to assist including leading some rides but not all. This position is open to any Full Member...........................Richard
Colin Digby

Re: Future Full Member Rides

Post by Colin Digby »

Hi Richard
Sorry to here this
It would be a shame for these rides will fall by the wayside.
As they are an important aspect of maintaining the interest of Full Members in the Group and a great way to continually develop your riding skills.

I am up for doing some of the rides but i just can`t commit to do all of them so as you have suggested would need a coordinator
To sort out the organization and allocate the ride leaders to do there own routes for that ride
Thanks
Colin
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
Mick Hewitt

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Well done Colin. We'll follow-up promoting it in the Group mailchimp email monthly.
Mick
Colin Digby

Post by Colin Digby »

So After having a Chat with Richard about full member rides
I am now taking on the job
So you will have to poke up with my Routes sorry
The only thing I would ask is I will need ride leaders to cover some I can`t do
Also the dates are up on the Events Diary but may change or be cancelled Due to the Government guide lines

Thanks Colin
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

GREAT NEWS - Colin has decided to have a go at taking over the Full Member Rides. The dates are in the Events Diary and I will work with him to make sure we have a leader every
month - although the start of the year doesn't look promising.
If anyone fancies leading the odd ride let us know. Between us Colin and I should be able to cover most but it's good to have reserves. Thank you Colin.
SimonE

Post by SimonE »

Nice one Colin - thanks for stepping in, hopefully as things start to free up again others will come forward to help out. Merry Christmas one and all - stay safe
neilb

Post by neilb »

That sure is some good news, much needed at the moment! Well done for stepping up,Colin. Hope to join you on a ride or two.
Dannysrutter

Post by Dannysrutter »

Well done Colin. I am happy to help out where needed. As long as I can nick Richards routes.

Thanks Danny
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

Thanks Danny - yes I'm sure I can fix you up a route - what size envelope do you prefer :D :D ................Richard