Full Member Ride 18th July

Colin Digby

Full Member Ride 18th July

Post by Colin Digby »

Full Member Ride is to Camargue Café Woodbridge :D

This will be a picnic based social - so bring food and drink, as we we still have restrictions

Total Route 175 Miles
Café stop at The Waterfront Diner Suffolk Water park 76 miles
Fuel on Return At 110 miles Woodbridge
Comfort stop at Needham lake on way back
Ride to finish at Mac D Regiment Way.

Ride to start at Chelmsford Sainsburys 9.00 AM for 9.30am Leave I will not wait

Please Make sure your Power checks are done And have full tank Full

Note: Please make sure you've re-joined for 2021 before attending..... thank you.

ECE Colin 07740482590 on the ride

Regards Colin
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
Spider

Re: Full Member Ride 18th July

Post by Spider »

Had a brilliant day riding in the sun. 2 top cafes. Excellent Pace. 4 stops and needed them as it was very hot. The route was all on great roads. Chairman Jill was out on her new toy. What are you all waiting for? It finished with just 3 of us. How did they missed her marking a junction I can't imagine. Cheers Colin good day out
Colin Digby

Post by Colin Digby »

Thanks spider
Can`t think why there was so few of us out on a lovely weather riding day :lol:

P S Make me think I am doing something wrong
And do I bother putting all this time in to sorting out the routes For three people when i was expecting 10- 20 riders
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

Colin, I have a suspicion that many full members have ridden little during the pandemic period, and are a little cautious about the pace expected for a full member ride. This was certainly the case for me, and so for the last two rides have chosen Mick and Alan's relaxed ride. You will have noticed that it was very well attended. However I think I am now beginning to remember how to ride a bike again, and next month intend to switch allegiance to the full member ride.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
peterbennetive

Post by peterbennetive »

Sorry Colin. Lee and l was looking at joining you. We thoroughly enjoyed you last ride out and was looking forward to this one. The only reason we didn't attend was because it was just too hot. Please adjust the air temperature for the next one as we are looking at joining you.
Spider

Post by Spider »

Buy a tea bag jacket (mesh coat) and your be fine. Or go upmarket and get a jacket that you put water in.
Spider

Post by Spider »

Pete looking back at my reply I think it sounds harsh. I do say it how it is but you don't know me so I will explain. I wear a tea bag jacket or mesh jacket as its called. It lets the air in and keeps you cool. The upmarket water jacket is even better like the one that rich Richard Ladbrook wears. Hope that helps. Ride safe and see you on the road
peterbennetive

Post by peterbennetive »

No problem Spider. Yes l use a teabag jacket as well.