*Destination update*Associate/Member Social Ride Sunday 18th July

Mick Hewitt

*Destination update*Associate/Member Social Ride Sunday 18th July

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Hi all.
APOLOGIES BUT DUE TO RISING CASES OF COVID DECIDED THAT IT'S BEST IF WE GO TO AN OUTSIDE LOCATION. BRING A PICNIC OR USE WALKER'S.

The destination for June's relaxed social ride is WALKERS SNACK BAR - THETFORD .A1065 Barton Mills, Bury St Edmunds IP28 6AE

Please note; the full members ride will also be on this day meeting at the left hand side of the car part adjacent to the filling station. Our ride will be meeting at the back of the car park - I'll be there early.

Meet: Sainsburys Springfield(CM2 5PA) back of car park.
Time: 09:00 for 09:30 prompt departure.
Full tank of fuel.
Distance: About 100 miles round trip.
Finish at MacDonalds Regiment Way for coffee.

Regards
Mick and Alan
07762 889408/07760 452993
Doug merrygold

Re: *Destination update*Associate/Member Social Ride Sunday 18th July

Post by Doug merrygold »

Hi mick Alan, thanks for a great ride to walkers cafe in very hot weather,good to see old and new friends,again thanks for all your time and trouble you go to ,many thanks Doug Maz x
chris_johnson

Re: *Destination update*Associate/Member Social Ride Sunday 18th July

Post by chris_johnson »

Thanks from me too. Nice selection of roads and the pace was right for someone who has ridden little in the last 18 months. The bike is starting to feel more natural again. The ride was not nearly as epic as the journey back home. 10 miles of filtering on the M25, which was locked solid, a mistake sending me back north of the river, and then the A13, too congested to filter much, with the bike air temperature gauge reading 44.2C. Had to take a 2 hour break because of threatened heat exhaustion. Didn't get home until 8pm. Totally knackered!
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.