Full Member Social Ride - Attleborough - Sunday 5 May

richard parker

Full Member Social Ride - Attleborough - Sunday 5 May

Post by richard parker »

The Full Member Social Ride this month will be to Attleborough Norfolk a return distance of about 160 miles with a 'T' stop on the outward leg and fuel on the return if required. Please meet to leave Sainsburys Springfield Chelmsford at 9.30am.

Ride to finish at Mac D Regiment way..................................................Richard
Chris Reed

Re: Full Member Social Ride - Attleborough - Sunday 5 May

Post by Chris Reed »

Sorry Richard by I'm running a CBT but I know where I'd rather be!

Chris
Fast Fat Bloke
It's not how fast you go, but how you go fast!!
vince

Post by vince »

Count me in Richard. :D
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

15 bikes on a delightfully sunny, but viciously cold day. We ran into a Cadam outing at Boreham and again at Finchingfield, with some turns double marked, one for each group. This seemed to confuse Cadam more than EAMG. Route out was not unexpected as far as the tea break at the Stradishall Cafe (where 2 left because they wanted a shorter run). After that it was very satisfactory in terms of roads, a few of which I even recognised, but please don't ask me how they all fitted together. Route 11 a pleasant spot for a breakfast. Ride back another mix of familiar and new-to-me roads. Vince took the bullet for me and had a puncture fairly early on the return. It was a small clean one, he had a mushroom plugger kit, and Spider elected to stay with him to provide 'moral support'. Two others cut off a little after Clare for an easier run home. We arrived at Regiment way just before 4pm after 181 miles. Some of us (i.e. me) were happy to get there since we hadn't filled up at Attleborough and were experiencing fuel anxiety. Many thanks to Richard for a most enjoyable day. I acted as back marker. Pictures have been posted.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
vince

Post by vince »

Thanks for leading a great ride Richard. You can't claim the two pigeons as confirmed kills, but I'd support a claim of 'severely frightened' :D Thanks also to spider who helped me with my puncture at Glemsford. My mushroom plugger, and spiders gooey string, both failed miserably so I ended up waiting for the Green Flag man to recover me. Spider opined that the puncture was due to unreasonable forces being applied to the rear tyre after my 'large breakfast' at Route 11 :lol: I was back home drinking beer and swinging the lantern by 1900 so all's well etc.
cheers,
Vince
richard parker

Post by richard parker »

Thanks for the good turn out to Attleborough where we were well looked after - cold but dry and sunny. Sorry about your puncture Vince - could be the result of passing the lead while he was waiting for a marker! :roll: Thanks Spider for staying to help out which allowed the ride to continue - we did wait to buy you coffee at Mac D's but you didn't show.

Chris J once again performed an excellent job back marking on both legs of the journey.............................................Richard
cster

Post by cster »

"could be the result of passing the lead while he was waiting for a marker!"

Harsh, but fair! I mean that does sound like mutiny to me :-)