Post by Colin Digby »

Full Member Ride is to Boathouse Café near Earls Barton

Total Ride 195 miles
Coffee at McDonalds Royston at 49 miles
fuel stop at 104 miles on return

Ride to start at Chelmsford Sainsburys 9.00 AM for 9.30am Leave I will not wait

Ride to finish at McDonalds Reg way

Please Make sure your Power checks are done And have full tank Fuel

Note: Please make sure you've re-joined for 2021 before attending..... thank you.

ECE Colin 07740482590 on the ride

Regards Colin :lol:
Go Orange Diggers :D :lol:
Spider

Re: Full Member Ride 17th October

Post by Spider »

Absolutely brilliant ride. Great route steady pace. Me trying to plough a field on my bike. 1 tyre blowout. 1 bike out of petrol BMW bike of course. Great place for lunch. Was so good I might even go to work tomorrow. Thank Colin for leading and Chris and John and Richard for tailending.
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

Initially rather overcast, with a few spots of rain on the outward leg. Ten bikes, one with pillion. Excellent mix of roads, some of which were damp. Comedy highlights of the outward run were a marker mixup at Finchingfield, which fortunately sorted itself out, and Spider's decision near Bedford to ignore a mild left hander and go offroading in a freshly ploughed field. The lunch venue was good in a most attractive Marina location. Roads drying up on the way back. Drama on the return leg provided by the back marker (me), having been stuck behind a car, overtaking and making up the distance at a brisk pace on the B1046 short of Longstowe, when he experience a rear tyre blow out; not a puncture but an explosive disintegration which wrecked the tyre. Fortunately it was on a straight stretch, Colin was informed, two members came back to see if they could help, Green Flag were informed, and I was then pampered by the local residents, a genuinely nice bunch, until the recovery van arrived 50 minutes later. Many thanks to Colin for an excellent ride. and handling adversity well. Pictures, more entertaining than usual, have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
Mick Hewitt

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Chris, glad it all turned out ok - didn't try the craft plugger on the rear........proper blowout. Spider trying his hand at ploughing - what a sight. At least he was ok.
Mick
peterbennetive

Post by peterbennetive »

Lee and l enjoyed it again Colin yet another great ride, great people and entertainment thrown in from Spider.
Thanks again for the tail enders.
Spider

Post by Spider »

Mick I did go back with the Ladbrook lad but I have never seen a tyre ripped apart like that. More chance of plugging it with duck tape