*UPDATE*Associate/Member Social Ride Sunday 21st November

Mick Hewitt

*UPDATE*Associate/Member Social Ride Sunday 21st November

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Hi all.
NOTE: IF TEMPERATURE 4 DEGREES AND BELOW THEN THE RIDE MAY BE CANCELLED - CHECK AT 6PM ON SATURDAY.

Apologies for late change - destination now RUSHBROOKE ARMS, Sickelmere, Bury St. Edmunds. IP30 0BU.
November's social ride is to
This is a relaxed ride keeping to the speed limits.

Destination: Rushbrooke Arms.
Meet: Sainsbury's Springfield (CM2 5PA).
Time: 09:00 for 09:30 prompt departure.
Full tank of fuel.
Distance: About 100 miles total.
Finish at MacD Regiment Way - about 14:00.

See you there.
Mick and Alan
07762 889408 / 07760 452993
Spider

Re: *UPDATE*Associate/Member Social Ride Sunday 21st November

Post by Spider »

5°c to start with on the BBC joke website so all okay then gradually warming up. 6°c on my other one.
peterbennetive

Post by peterbennetive »

Thanks Mick and Alan for yet another great ride. Great turnout of 18 bikes and a great crowd. Lee and l thoroughly enjoyed it even if she did get a little cold at times.
Spider

Post by Spider »

Cheers mick for another fun day out playing on my bike. I recorded the route for another time. Thanks to all that attended with your witty banter and thanks to that bloke at the tail end that needs a hair cut. I won't mention your name Alan
chris_johnson

Post by chris_johnson »

A very enjoyable run. When I did my initial count we had 17 bikes, but I was not sure whether there were one or two subsequent arrivals. It was bitterly cold, so the turnout was gratifying. Mick once again proved that there are an infinite number of different ways of getting from A to B. One marking problem at Sudbury when it was uncertain if a marker was pointing right or ahead (Alan sorted that out very quickly and efficiently), and one poor soul put his foot down on ground which wasn't there and toppled his bike. I have been there and got that particular T-shirt more than once! Food at the Rushbrooke quite acceptable, and we had a few tiny spots of rain when leaving. We arrived back at Regiment Way at 2pm after just over 100 miles. Many thanks to Mick & Alan. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.
Kitchenman

Post by Kitchenman »

Great day out, managed to demonstrate a dismount on an incline
Thanks to all who did their bit for the aged
Managed to keep up a bit this time, the AGT must be working
Glad I had the heated grips and vest, us wrinklies need all the help they can get