Further Training Opportunities for Members and Associates

John Tipper

Further Training Opportunities for Members and Associates

Post by John Tipper »

Further Training Opportunities for Members and Associates - 2022

April 2022 was a sad month for EAMG witnessing the last issue of TUG for the foreseeable future as Chris Johnson, our Editor for the past six years, stepped down to become a 24/7 carer for his wife Mary. With no forthcoming editors, announcements for events such as Further Training Opportunities, will be posted on the forum.

1st January 2020 celebrated EAMG’s fifteen years of independence enabling the Group to draw upon the most appropriate riding techniques to meet the training needs of our members, without having to accommodate restrictions imposed by a governing body. With independence, came the responsibility to ensure our training standards progressed and maintained at the highest level.

EAMG Observers fulfill a crucial role within the Group. All are required to hold a current RoSPA Gold qualification before they can be considered for observer training. Once qualified, Observers are re-tested internally every two years by one of four Senior Observer Assessors (SOA’s). In turn, SOA’s are re-tested externally every two years by highly qualified Police riders. Full Members and Associates can be assured that EAMG’s training is of the highest standard. EAMG: ‘Promoting Motorcycling Excellence’.

Full Member Training (FMT)

FMT format allows greater focus on many aspects of advanced motorcycling over longer distances on less familiar roads. Make no mistake, passing an advanced motorcycle test is an excellent achievement but it’s only a measure of your riding standard on test day. Riding skills require continued practice to be retained or they will sadly be lost.

Associate Member Training (AMT)

Similar training courses are now available for Associate Members who may be approaching test standard, have been recommended to apply by their allocated Observers or those familiar with riding greater distances than covered on a typical Observed ride. Associates will be encouraged to make their most recent Ride Report Forms available to ensure the Observer on the day has the necessary information to identify needs and address any issues that may be apparent.

Ride Format

Duration of rides will be circa 200 mls for Full Members and 100-120 mls for Associates. Regular stops, most including refreshments, will include debriefs so that issues identified can be addressed during subsequent legs. We will NOT be riding in one large group. Allocation will usually be on a 2 to 1 basis to avoid continuous Observation. Every effort will be made to match riding ability and/or aspirations. Routes will be pre-planned and forwarded to participants beforehand. Initial briefing will be comprehensive and a full Ride Report will be provided.

2022 Events Joining Fees: Full Member Training: £45 - Associate Member Training: £35

Pay EAMG direct to Sort Code: 30-96-94 a/c no: 00791646 Ref: FMT or AMT + your name

Future 2022 Dates: Sunday August 14th - Sunday October 23rd

Register by providing the following information to John Tipper: Email: ajt@reveillerrides.co.uk

Name:
Address:
Phone No:
Email:
Riding Experience:
Aspirations:
Machine:
Annual mileage:
John Tipper

Re: Further Training Opportunities for Members and Associates

Post by John Tipper »

Further Training Opportunities for Members and Associates - 2022

Having had a superb day with nine candidates for May’s AMT - FMT, for August, we currently have just one!

I’m writing this posting in my study with a temperature showing 35º and rising. Yesterday’s temperature topped 39º but today’s temperature is forecast to reach an unprecedented 42º! If you are unsure about taking part in the August AMT - FMT, you may rest assured that we will always postpone an event and refund joining fees if required, if weather conditions are in any way inappropriate.

John Tipper
peterbennetive

Re: Further Training Opportunities for Members and Associates

Post by peterbennetive »

Even though l have recently received my gold pass for the 2nd time running. I attended the May FMT John. I thoroughly enjoyed it, learnt a few things about my riding and l can honestly say it was well worth the money.