Associate and Full Member Social Ride May 26th

Mick Hewitt

Associate and Full Member Social Ride May 26th

Post by Mick Hewitt »

Hi all.
May's rideout will be led by Alan as I'm away in Scotland. He'll be looking for a tail ender.

Meet: Sainsburys Springfield CM2 5PA.
Time: 09:15 for 09:30 departure.
Destination: Walkers snacks, Fiveways | Barton Mills, Bury St Edmunds IP28 6AE,
Distance: about 100 round trip.
Finish at MacDonalds Regiment Way for coffee.
Full tank of fuel.

Have a good one.
Mick and Alan
07762 889408 & 07760 452993
Doug merrygold

Re: Associate and Full Member Social Ride May 26th

Post by Doug merrygold »

Hi Alan,thanks for a great day out we skipped the rain good to see new and old faces and have a good chat,thank you for my disability step to help me get on the bike,you should pattn that,good day many thanks Doug Maz x :D
chris_johnson

Re: Associate and Full Member Social Ride May 26th

Post by chris_johnson »

It started out as a fine, warm day and we had 17 bikes all hot to trot to Barton Mills. Alan doled out some gifts first. To Doug he gave a piece of 4x4 on a string 'to help him getting on and off the bike', and for me he had a beautiful little pair of wooden training wheels for the KTM. Too small to be practical, but after all it is the thought that counts. We duly set out, and following Joe's Indian through the Boreham Bends was an interesting experience. At Newmarket Alan stopped for a re-group. Many of us assumed it was an intermediate stop. parked sensibly and had our helmets off in no time. We were chivvied back onto the bikes and rode on to Walkers 'Service with a Snarl' Burger Bar. On the route back I think Alan threw in a bit of Thetford Forest. I suspect that things went a bit wrong short of Clare, where I followed the bikes in front round a left turn which did not seem to have a marker. I should have stopped there. My Bad. Certainly approaching Finchingfield our proud group seemed to have lost ten bikes or so. At Finchingfield I pleaded a need for a short rote home and scarpered without waiting for further developments. As a punishment the Scottish rain caught me and got me surprisingly wet. I guess the run was about 100 miles. Doug acted as back marker. I'd be interested to hear his account of the way back. Pictures have been posted.

Regards
Chris J.
A new link for my archive of historic EAMG photos will appear when available.